MCE compatible display plugin... (1 Viewer)

andreavb

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi all, is there some work in progress about this plugin? I have a Spectra FIC with Futaba 1.1 Display connceted to USB (works great with MCE and original Futaba driver), how can I make it work with MP? I used this plugin with MP 0.2.2.0 with latest SVN but it seems to freeze everytime a recording starts.

Is there any chance I can get my display to work with MP? :confused: :mad:

Topher5000

Portal Pro
April 5, 2006
Not sure why it took me so long to find this thread - this is exactly what I needed for my VL LIS MCE display. I can finally have it display what's on.

Is this still under development? It seems to (mostly) work under 0.2.2, but after a while it starts showing what'll be on in an hour, or two hours...I have to change the change and back to get it back to the current program.

Is 0.2.2 better for supplying the information you need?

Looking forward to an update...

Hi Milhouse. How'd you get this working for the VL LIS? I'm running WinXP, & if I try to run the LIS setup program, it says that the device isn't found.
I enabled this plugin, but all the display shows is the system info.

milhouse

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Raleigh, NC U.S.
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Topher-
It's been awhile, so I don't remember the details. But I know the VL LIS MCE connects by USB, and needs a USB-to-Serial driver. (I believe this was detected by Windows, and I let it find its own driver. But I am guessing this is the part you are missing, and this is the part I can least remember.) If it helps, I see a COM port in device manager for USB Serial Port. Driver provider is FTDI, version is 2.0.0.0.

With this driver installed, I just start up M.Play Home Center (the LIS software) and it detects the display with no trouble. I set it to Media Center for the display info. It works OK, but, as I mentioned above, seems to lose track of the time so it doesn't know what's on TV (then again, so does MP Web interface), and displays Unknown for videos that are ISOs.

Good luck, and let me know if you need more details.

Milhouse

stormbringer

Portal Pro
November 22, 2004
I hope it will be working with the latest svn.
Any chance , Joe? Or is this project dead? this would be a shame - it was so promissing.

Cheers
Storm

colincliff

Portal Member
September 27, 2005
Another vote for keeping this project alive! i have a Elonex Artisan (same as a FIC Spectra) and emulating the MCE display commands seems to be the only way to get it to work.

Great work so far!

Topher5000

Portal Pro
April 5, 2006
Milhouse, I found that I can start the LIS software from the system tray but not from the start menu.
I set the software to Media Center & set it to Media Center Videos. I set it to show line 1 as &PLAYTIMECG $AUTOINFO & line 2 as $PLAYTIMECG $ENTIME
When I play a movie, the display shows Media Center (Line 1) Unknown (Line 2).
When I stop the movie, it shows the elasped time in big numbers on the left & then 2 lines with the movie's name & the remaining time below that. Do you know how I can get it to display this info while the movie's playing?
Thanks for your help.

JeromeF

Portal Pro
December 16, 2006
South West
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I was wondering if someone could help me. I have installed this plugin but am having some problems.

everytime i load MP it just crashes and closes.

I get this in the error log:
2007-03-29 03:33:47.296875 [ERROR][10]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
2007-03-29 03:33:47.296875 [ERROR][10]: Exception :confused:ystem.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9wl' from assembly 'Core, Version=1.0.2546.32606, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at MCEDisplay.MCEDisplay.Run()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
2007-03-29 03:33:47.296875 [ERROR][10]: Exception :Could not load type 'MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9wl' from assembly 'Core, Version=1.0.2546.32606, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
2007-03-29 03:33:47.296875 [ERROR][10]: site :Void Run()
2007-03-29 03:33:47.296875 [ERROR][10]: source :MCEDisplay
2007-03-29 03:33:47.296875 [ERROR][10]: stacktrace: at MCEDisplay.MCEDisplay.Run()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

HanuIv

Portal Member
May 21, 2007
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Halo!

I was wondering what is the last "stable" version of this plugin. I downloaded version from start of this thread and it crashes my MP 0.2.2. I guess it is because of incompatibility between MCEdisplay plugin and MP 0.2.2.

Can someone help me, please?

milhouse

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Raleigh, NC U.S.
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Near as I can tell, I am using the version that ships with 0.2.2. I don't think you need to actually download it.

Checking Windows Explorer, the version of MCEDisplay.dll I am using with 0.2.2 stable (NOT SVN) is 1.0.2205.41529.

Hope this clears things up for you.

Milhouse

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom