MCE compatible display plugin... (1 Viewer)

bedlam

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
Hi Joe!
just tested your plugin with my PalmV running PalmOrb(Orbital LCD emulator) and it worked like a charm.
Use of all the available lines and some way of choosing which info to be displayed on which line would be awesome!
like this

0:%artistName% - %albumName%
1:%transport% %trackName%
2:%tracktime% / %trackDuration%
3:%time%

Too bad FrontView doesn´t seem to have support for backlight-control, my palm is in dire need of some contrast/brightness-adjustments!

great job btw, are the sources availale somehere if I wanna have a looksie? :)

edit: found the sources..
edit2: don´t understand the sources... :)
edit3: doh, how dumb am I... you just do it in frontview... i´ll be quiet from now on.. :)

mezanu

April 27, 2006
Scaleo E (Fujitsu)

Scorpio, I have same HTPC fujitsu scaleo E, and same display VFD Futaba, and same problem.... the plugin not work.

Any ideas...

boeloeboeloe

Portal Member
May 15, 2006
Belgium
barebone Shuttle (SB83G5M)

I'm searching for a while, how I can send some information to my VFD-display from my barebone Shuttle (SB83G5M). For the moment I'm using the tool "MCE compatible display plugin" from JoeDalton. It works for the part which is already developed. But is there not another way to send information to such a display? Because the tool which is standard delivered with the Shuttle barebone, can send info to the display, so there must be a library with some functions how to send info to the display?

Does anyone know how to do this or how it works?

zswman

Portal Pro
April 23, 2006
Mountain View, CA USA
Joe-

I read on this website that the vfd is a ORIGEN VFD Module powered by IR Trans Software. I think you need my other plugin: the ExternalDisplay plugin that is already in MediaPortal for that. Grab a recent CVS build: that has IRTrans support included.

Configure the plugin to use port localhost, and be sure you have the IRTrans server running...

I have not (yet) received any confirmation that it really works, though...
I can confirm that your ExternalDisplay plugin (NOT the subject of this thread, but I am responding to your previous post), does indeed work on the Origenae VFD. I do get an error in the media portal log every second regarding something not being available (I can send you the error if you're interested, I am not at my machine right now) - hasn't been an issue for me so I have ignored it.

livan74

Portal Member
May 14, 2006
Ok great, but.....graphic display nothing to do????
Nothing for the T6963C graphic display controller?
The only plugin for do that isn't working (version 1.0 & 1.2).....
I use meedio with lcdstudio2 and c.mee plugin, 0.7% CPU usage and graphic display support (I designed by myself display appareance of my 240 x 64 graphic LCD display and it's working perfectly).

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    livan74 - Until a developer creates a plugin won't be able to use a graphic display.

Scubefr

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2004
    ailleurs
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, I have an Acer Aspire iDea 500 with MCE VFD, I try the MCEdisplay plugin for mP0.2RC2 but I am using MP 0.2.0.4, and it doesn't work fine but when I change position into MP menu, the VFD info change for example , my video= for one second and return to the current date, when I lunch a video, the VFD flicker , the hour/the tme running the video ...
    Could you help me ?

Scubefr

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2004
    ailleurs
    Home Country
    France France
    okay,I found now ! it's work fine with mp 0.2.0.4 it was just an other app who try to take control at the same time ...

Is a possibility to change the info on the screen, because it's in english and I am french .. and in the root menu it's MCE Home on screen and I don't want to see MCE anymore !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom