mce remote issues in windows 7 (2 Viewers)

M

mjmapi

I had the same problem with my new install of MP on my Win7 machine, but now its working fine with all the buttons tested.

I noticed that MCE would automatically start itself while browsing or pressing keys in MP, so i removed it from my system, i will never use it anyway, MP is the best.

After uninstalling MCE, i did not install drivers for my remote control (Hauppauge MCE) i only use the IR Server Suite, tested and all buttons working fine.

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
November 30, 2004
Could someone tell me where I can change the server name from localhost to my mp pc???

The change of the server name in mp-config will not be saved! :-( where have you changed the servername???

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
November 30, 2004
ups, is so difficult to say where you have changed the irss-servername if this does not work in mp config?

Which file, which path?

Thanks for a quick reply!

specise_8472

October 28, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I got it working in Windows 7 64 bit by going into the config program/remote control. The last "page/tab" is Are you using a MS ir receiver? As I am, I selected this option and hey presto everything works perfectly now.

specise_8472

October 28, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Do you mean MP Config/remotes?

Sorry, this did not work for me :-( where can I chance this damned host name for the ir server?

I did not change the name. I assumed it was the default and left it.
Also I had upgraded from Vista 64 Ultimate to 7 ultimate, so setting came through with upgrade I assume.
Also I used the Desktop MP Config that installs to change this setting.

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
November 30, 2004
Do you mean MP Config/remotes?

Sorry, this did not work for me :-( where can I chance this damned host name for the ir server?

I did not change the name. I assumed it was the default and left it.
Also I had upgraded from Vista 64 Ultimate to 7 ultimate, so setting came through with upgrade I assume.
Also I used the Desktop MP Config that installs to change this setting.

The same did not worked for me :( it looks like a problem with the ehome infrared driver. has someone a working driver for win7 x64?

Chilby

October 31, 2009
It works!

Also with "localhost"!

Just disable the "Use MCE Remote" in you Mediaportal configuration.

Things that i have done to use the full function of MCE Remote (-> Harmony):
- Installed IRSS (run as service)
- disabled the "MCE remote" in the Mediaportal Configuration (Menue -> Remote)
-> finished

Greetings,
Chilby

allan_stampe

February 27, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hey

You said:
"So I tried changig server from localhost to htpc-PC inside the MCE-Control plugin, and suddenly everything worked."
Where is that file locatet? And how do I modified it?

Best
Regard
Allan

You said "So I tried changig server from localhost to htpc-PC inside the MCE-Control plugin, and suddenly everything worked."

Where is that file located? And hov do I modified it?

Best Regards
Allan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom