mce remote issues in windows 7 (2 Viewers)

JuGgErS

August 20, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ok thanks to this thread I am now able to get my Windows MCE remote to control MP once again under Windows 7, but there is just one remaining issue. The Windows "Green" button does not launch MP like it should.

I have:
MP 1.0.2.0
IR Server Suite - Test Build 1.4.2.3158
Disabled "Use Microsoft MCE remote or keyboard" under MP config Remote section
MPTray-Mod

What am I missing. I am about to pull my hair out.....

Thanks guys.

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @ - MPTray has not been updated in a very long time and does not work with Windows 7. I used to have it working a while ago but that was before I moved up to W7. I too was frustrated with that but you can have MP starting up when the HTPC is booted you know..? Not ideal and not the same as MP Tray but might be ok for you..?
    I did read one of the MP developers (?) was considering looking at the code and picking up the MP Tray utility but I have not read any more information than that.

However you *might* get lucky with MP Tray MOD...

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/has-mptray-been-updated-win7-72331/

specifically...

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/mptraymod-vista64bit-rc2-does-not-start-46266/#post357477

Hope the above helps :)

EDIT: BTW The link that I have done for you in the second post works fine for me in using TGB and Windows 7 x64 when using the MP Tray MOD.

JuGgErS

August 20, 2007
    Home Country
    @ Vimes thank you for your response.

I am currently running 32bit Win7 so I doubt the x64 version will work. I will give it a shot though. I will also look at MPTray Mod.

Having MP boot w/ my PC isn't an option here (although good idea) as my "HTPC" is also my general use PC.

Again thanks for your time and help. I will let you know what I find.

JuGgErS

August 20, 2007
    Home Country
    @ kamsau it looks like you missed the same bit of information that i did. check here it solved my problem. now everything works again and i am a happy campers. now if updated versions of g-force worked w/ the current MP i would be even more happy....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom