MCE Remote not working after reinstall (2 Viewers)

dazpp

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Sorry about the wrong logs. I was looking at other problems and collcted the wrong ones.
Here are the MP logs instead.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry, those log files are no help either. I don't mean to be pedantic, but for various reasons it's important that you actually follow the instructions in my previous reply.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's not that you missed log files. Rather, it's that the Watchdog tool - which I asked you to use - includes other information (like configuration files and system details) in addition to the MediaPortal log files. Furthermore, the log files you've provided don't appear to have been produced with HID extended logging enabled, which is something I also asked you to do.

Do you have some reason for not wanting to use the Watchdog tool?

P.S. Please don't forget the screenshot of the HID Demo.

dazpp

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    It's not that you missed log files. Rather, it's that the Watchdog tool - which I asked you to use - includes other information (like configuration files and system details) in addition to the MediaPortal log files. Furthermore, the log files you've provided don't appear to have been produced with HID extended logging enabled, which is something I also asked you to do.

Do you have some reason for not wanting to use the Watchdog tool?

P.S. Please don't forget the screenshot of the HID Demo.
    If I can gather the logs manually easier than using a tool I choose that way.
    I will give a screenshot and more logs with extended logging on when I get back home.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If I can gather the logs manually easier than using a tool I choose that way.
    When you follow instructions, you avoid frustrating the person who's trying to help you! ;)

Last try.
    Here's the information that I need in order to begin to help you:
    1. A full set of debug-level-with-HID-input-handler-extended-logging-enabled MediaPortal log files for a MediaPortal session in which you press numeric, arrow/directional and other buttons on the remote control.
    2. All your MediaPortal configuration files.
    3. The system's hardware information (device IDs and names, associated driver details etc.).
    4. A screenshot of the HID Demo showing what happens when you press numeric, arrow/directional and other buttons on the remote control.
    Gather it however you like.
    If you don't provide all of the above, I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to help you.

P.S. I'm going to bed.

dazpp

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    When you follow instructions, you avoid frustrating the person who's trying to help you! ;)

Last try.
    Here's the information that I need in order to begin to help you:
    1. A full set of debug-level-with-HID-input-handler-extended-logging-enabled MediaPortal log files for a MediaPortal session in which you press numeric, arrow/directional and other buttons on the remote control.
    2. All your MediaPortal configuration files.
    3. The system's hardware information (device IDs and names, associated driver details etc.).
    4. A screenshot of the HID Demo showing what happens when you press numeric, arrow/directional and other buttons on the remote control.
    Gather it however you like.
    If you don't provide all of the above, I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to help you.

P.S. I'm going to bed.

Any idea on how to give you the stuff you want in point 3? Or is that included in the logs you already want med to gather?
    The other points I will fix when I'm back home again.

Last edited:

dazpp

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Here are all logs you requested with extended logging on for HID and also HID Demo screenshot.
    I'm not sure which driver you want information on but I guess the IR reciever

I hope this is enough. Otherwise I can give you team viewer access to the box itself. But it has to be either on evenings (CET) on weekdays or weekend any time you have time.

Attachments

• HIDdemo.png
      HIDdemo.png
      123 KB
    • HID driver1.PNG
      HID driver1.PNG
      16 KB
    • HID driver2.PNG
      HID driver2.PNG
      16.7 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Don't forget point 2. That's not covered so far.

Any idea on how to give you the stuff you want in point 3?
    My idea was to use the Watchdog, but you didn't seem to want to do that, so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom