MCE remote(s) suddenly stopped working (1 Viewer)

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Germany Germany
Hey,

I've got a pretty weird issue with my MCE remote that worked well for years. But somehow it suddenly stopped working - not just with MePo but completely. I cannot even navigate in Windows explorer what always used to worked before. It seems like Windows (10) just does not react to the remote anymore and thus can't tell Mediaportal what to do.
I can definitly tell that the remote sends commands since it has a flashing light and I have a second MCE remote (one original from Microsoft and one generic) that also does not work anymore. I can also tell, that the receiver does receive something, since it also has a flashing light that flashes, whenever I press a remote button. And I have a second one of that receiver type which also does not work.
I already tried deinstalling the receiver (Microsoft ehome infrared reviever in device Manager) and I tried using different USB ports.
Did I miss something? Can anybody help me what might cause that behaviour?

Thank you!
MrCrabs

Stéphane Lenclud

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 29, 2013
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Look in this forum for ”HID Known Issues", see if you find something that helps.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    You could try this <QiPress v1.071 for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 | aalapshah.in> to test if the signal is getting to Windows as a key stroke - basically, will show what 'keys' pressed as overlay on MePo - used it before to debug a problem I had - lite [free] version does enough for debugging, works on Win10 and is just an executable not an install.

Cheers - JCMP

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Germany Germany
    Hey, thanks for your tips. Unfortunately it doesn't help. It seems like there are no key strokes detected. At least the arrow buttons and enter key should work. That was the common behaviour before.
    Maybe I should try to get it working on a non HTPC to see if it is some issue with the receiver.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Hi

Suspect your IR receiver is simply broken;-< and it's not sending data over USB.

Given: unit is getting power ;
    the front end IR side works [see commands and flashes local LED];
    the USB interface is also working [your PC see's it as appropriate type].
    This suggest to me that the IR to USB comms have failed - simple component fail being most likely.

No direct help but I suspect it's beyond help anyway - sorry.

TTFN - JCMP

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Germany Germany
    You might be right ... USB and receiver is working - as I said there is a light flashing whenever I press a remote button.
    But what is still curious is the fact, that I have two identical receivers and both don't work. One might be broken, but two?

Thanks for your help anyway ... I will tell if I find some way to get it working.

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    ...then it's time for log files.
    Please use the Watchdog tool option 1 ("report a bug...") to start MP in debug mode. Try to press various remote control buttons. Close MP, then attach the zip file produced by the Watchdog.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Germany Germany
    Well I tried this tool HID Demo which shows that there are no reactions to any button presses. Do you expect that MePo will recognize anything else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    F MCE Remote has no focus General 6
    brena MCE Remote Disable Volume Mapping Input / Output interfaces 0
    T How to add missing buttons IR Server Suite (IRSS) 0
    B iPhone app for MCE remote General Support 2
    T Can Emprex 3009ARF III MCE Remote Control be used to toggle Fullscreen/Windowed mode?? Remotes 7
    F Somethings changed - mce remote General Support 9
    N [Finished] [MP2-789] MCE remote control Recorded TV and My Pictures buttons do not work MediaPortal 2 17
    H MP 1.21 Volume OSD for 1039 MCE remote and MCE keyboard not working 1.21 74
    azzuro MCE remote and Azerty keyboard other Input / Output interfaces 2
    Spaldo Bose universal remote with MP Input/Output Interfaces 2
    E Getting ortek mce remote to work better MediaPortal 1 Talk 13
    T MCE remote double keypress up and down General 1
    Volker [Suche] RC6 MCE IR-Empfänger Marktplatz 2
    V Some Issues with MP2 (ex MCE User) General 1
    P The elusive "MCE Replacement Driver" for Vista / Win7 IR Server Suite (IRSS) 0
    henrysinn Remote - W10 Gyro by Pepper Jobs General 0
    G Remote control suggestions? MediaPortal 1 Talk 14
    bigboss97 Does anyone has a SoundGraph imon remote file for MP2 to share? General 0
    TLD Can not watch tv from remote clients Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 19
    R Problems accessing MySQL database remotely MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    D Full fuctional htpc - Silverstone Case - Digital Devices Cine S2 - SSD - IR Remote For Sale 1
    N Play a TV recording needs a double selection - twice ok on remote Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    emphatic Allow remote control mapping of all plugins Improvement Suggestions 0
    S Remote button to change audio and subtitle on / off General 10
    S Problem with Remote Control One-for-all Streamer Newcomers Forum 6