MCE remote(s) suddenly stopped working (1 Viewer)

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey,

I've got a pretty weird issue with my MCE remote that worked well for years. But somehow it suddenly stopped working - not just with MePo but completely. I cannot even navigate in Windows explorer what always used to worked before. It seems like Windows (10) just does not react to the remote anymore and thus can't tell Mediaportal what to do.
I can definitly tell that the remote sends commands since it has a flashing light and I have a second MCE remote (one original from Microsoft and one generic) that also does not work anymore. I can also tell, that the receiver does receive something, since it also has a flashing light that flashes, whenever I press a remote button. And I have a second one of that receiver type which also does not work.
I already tried deinstalling the receiver (Microsoft ehome infrared reviever in device Manager) and I tried using different USB ports.
Did I miss something? Can anybody help me what might cause that behaviour?

Thank you!
MrCrabs

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey, thanks for your tips. Unfortunately it doesn't help. It seems like there are no key strokes detected. At least the arrow buttons and enter key should work. That was the common behaviour before.
Maybe I should try to get it working on a non HTPC to see if it is some issue with the receiver.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

Suspect your IR receiver is simply broken;-< and it's not sending data over USB.

Given: unit is getting power ;
    the front end IR side works [see commands and flashes local LED];
    the USB interface is also working [your PC see's it as appropriate type].
    This suggest to me that the IR to USB comms have failed - simple component fail being most likely.

No direct help but I suspect it's beyond help anyway - sorry.

TTFN - JCMP

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You might be right ... USB and receiver is working - as I said there is a light flashing whenever I press a remote button.
    But what is still curious is the fact, that I have two identical receivers and both don't work. One might be broken, but two?

Thanks for your help anyway ... I will tell if I find some way to get it working.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...then it's time for log files.
    Please use the Watchdog tool option 1 ("report a bug...") to start MP in debug mode. Try to press various remote control buttons. Close MP, then attach the zip file produced by the Watchdog.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well I tried this tool HID Demo which shows that there are no reactions to any button presses. Do you expect that MePo will recognize anything else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom