Media files missing when importing library (1 Viewer)

pejango

February 10, 2010
Valencia
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi all
Mediaportal user for years, considering now to move to MP2.
I have all my media in a NAS, which is a Linux server sharing folders with Samba. I have tried to add several folders with diverse video media.
First I tried to add one folder, when asked tagged it as VIDEO. After the library import checking the Video archive section, I was only able to see the folder structure inside the NAS. No file was showing inside.
Then I tried to add the same folder as Series, what I got there was even more confusing. After a very long time, when it finished importing the meida. I got only random files to show on Mediaportal, for example, Stranger Things season 2 only shown chapters 1,4 and 5. I repeated the import several times getting the same results. The names inside the folder had all of them the same structure. This happened with all the series I had inside the folder, none of them was completely imported.
After browising the forum I only got to this thread similar to mine having issues with GUI and media Files but I have to say my problem is not the same as I have all the files with the same structure.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have tried to add several folders with diverse video media.
    What do you mean with "add"? Did you start an import or do you try to browse to those folders in "folder view".
    Best would be, if you upload your log files. You can find the log collector on your desktop. Then we are able to see what exactly you did.

PS: Just a brand new version MP2.1.2 was release today. Not sure, if you installed it already. If not, you might consider to use this version (Not related to your points though).

pejango

February 10, 2010
    Valencia
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi and thanks for answering.
    I started to import one folder with several Series inside. After the import several chapters for every season fail to appear in both library file view and Series view.
    I uninstalled, cleaned and then installed the new version 2.1.2 and the result was the same.
    Here you have the logs.
    I did one test and I copied one of the seasons with more missing files locally and run the import from there. All the chapters appeared perfectly, so i guess it should be something network related.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi and thanks for answering.
    I started to import one folder with several Series inside. After the import several chapters for every season fail to appear in both library file view and Series view.
    I uninstalled, cleaned and then installed the new version 2.1.2 and the result was the same.
    Here you have the logs.
    I did one test and I copied one of the seasons with more missing files locally and run the import from there. All the chapters appeared perfectly, so i guess it should be something network related.
    Thanks. How does your folder containing the series look like? Each series should be in an invividual folder with the series name containing the episodes (optionally in sufolder with the seasons). The format of your episodes seems fine S01E01 etc.

There are also errors ins your logs. You tried to add the same source another time and others, but they should not affect the result.

pejango

February 10, 2010
    Valencia
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    This is how I store the series, I use the general format \SERIESNAME\S..\S..E.. NAME. You can see an example in the image attached

I guess that is not the problem as if the naming was the cause no chapter would have got the right information. The problem is that only a random bunch of items appear in the import in each season folder.

upload_2017-11-23_20-8-23.png

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Is there a tool like the one in old MP1 (OnlineVideoes) to do matching of movies where the importer does not match? Or is there a way to give MP2 for instance a link to IMDB or similar to help it along?

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks HTPCSourcerer. I have mostly named my movies like in the Wiki so I will clean up the rest. But I found that a fair percentage of my movies are recordings that I have cut in a TS cutter and left as .ts files. In MP1 this worked fine, is there a tweak to make MP2 recognice .ts files in the Movie library?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    is there a tweak to make MP2 recognice .ts files in the Movie library?
    MP2 recognizes .ts files for sure as all TV recordings are "videos" and in .ts containers. If .ts wouldn't be recognized no TV recording (or even Live-TV as timeshift files are .ts too) for no one ever has worked in MP2... In MP2 there is no need or way to define file extensions separately for TV, Movies, Series, Music Videos,... as in MP1. If a file extension is known in one part it is known in all parts of the program as all is handled by the same importer.

If this did not work for you then you have named them wrong or the video files are damaged somehow. If they are damaged you can control by having a look at the "videos" or "browse media" section. If a video file could not be identified properly due to not matching name, missing .nfo files or mkv tags then it nevertheless is imported into the media library as a "video". If even this did not work, then the file is not recognized as a video due to either not known file extension or the file contents can not properly be scanned for media info with mediainfo.dll, means the video is damaged somehow...

As conclusion, there are only three possibilities...

Videos are recognized and imported properly as movies or series. -> files are fine and named properly and/or external help (.nfo files, metatags) is available.

Videos are not recognized as movie or series but imported as "video" -> naming is wrong and other help (.nfo, metatags) is missing but files are fine.

Videos are not recognized and not imported at all -> files are damaged or file extension is unknown...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom