Media files missing when importing library (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    is there a tweak to make MP2 recognice .ts files in the Movie library?
    The file extension is not important. The name provides the necessary information, so if you rename your recordings in line with the naming conventions, then they will be imported like any other file. However, keep in mind that the recorded shows are better moved to a dedicated movie or series directory.

When I cut my recordings I am converting them to mkv, which need less space.

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks for the input. My TS files does not show up when I browse in the movie folder manually, this is what led me to believe that MP2 does not recognise the file type. I know that TS is used for recording so in principle it should work. Converting to mkv is an option but reencoding is not desirable as it is too time and CPU consuming. Converting with no encoding could be a good option.

In my simple mind I thought I could just add .TS as an extension for the movie library.

File naming for the files are now according to the wiki, maybe I should check the logs as well but since TS does not show as a file when manually browsing I do think this must be addressed first.

Sent fra min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In my simple mind I thought I could just add .TS as an extension for the movie library.
    Again, the file type is not important. However, movie recognition is subject to your share definition. If you have a separate movie folder, you need to move your cut recordings from the standard recording folder to your movie share.

You can also add your recording folder as a movie share. However, standard recording names will lead to files not getting recognized, which will then show up in the Video section as duplicates of your recording folder content. That'S not really what you want, hence my recommendation to move what you want to keep into a dedicated movie share.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    This is added already in MP2, so no need to do this again. And in MP2 there generally is no such thing as a movie library. All media for all systems in your network, no matter if it is a movie, series, picture, music or TV recording is stored in one single library, the media library from the MP2 Server.

Converting to mkv is an option but reencoding is not desirable as it is too time and CPU consuming. Converting with no encoding could be a good option.
    The time consuming depends on your hardware. Especially if you have a PC with an Intel HD Graphics the transcoding is pretty fast with QuickSync support. On my 2013 Core i5 the transcoding of a recorded series episode (45 minutes, HD 720p or 1080i) takes less than 15 minutes and with MKV-Buddy (next version will be named Media-Buddy because it is working with nearly all kinds of media in meantime) you can batch- transcode dozens of videos with one single mouse click. And even better, it decides depending of the size and bitrate of the original video if a video should be transcoded (big files) or remuxed (normal sized files, as fast as copying) and also can add all needed metadata and fanart in .nfo files and locally stored fanart if wanted. All this can be done with a single mouse click for a whole folder of video files.
    Since ever I use MP2 (it's a long time already) I never had a single false import at all, also I have more than 40.000 series episodes and thousands of movies locally stored and imported to the MP2 media library... This is because I've prepared my whole collection properly. And I also can import all files without any errors into Kodi, Plex or even MP1 if I want with no extra work... Once a video is prepared properly it never needs any work any more...

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ok. Thanks for these answers. I will investigate some more why my .ts files does not show up in the library. The cut .ts files are moved into a Movies only area where I cut out the commercials. Recordings also contain movies but these are not added to any libraries.

MKV-Buddy I will have a look at, might be a good option. Thanks again!

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Did try MKV buddy on one of my TS files and now it shows in the media library. Not sure why it did not work as TS file. I see the exact same behaviour for more movies stored as TS. So maybe I need to convert them all to MKV in the end. One crazy thing is that one movie was 4,2 GB as TS and after MKV Buddy it ended up being 4,9 GB. *confused* Is there anything like a recommended setting (in adition to defaults) for MKV buddy for 720p/1080p?

How often does the media library rescan? I find that triggering the rescan takes forever (I have many movies stored on my NAS).

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    You can force it to rescan under teh shares section of settings.

Not to hijack this, but on my mediaportal 1 setup I see 820 films whereas on MP2 I only see 812. Is there a way to easily check what was skipped? I have been through and renamed all of my films so they match the naming requirement.

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Yeah I force rescans but it seems to take forever. Wondered if it is monitoring the share actively? For instance, if I add one movie one day, when will it be added to the library? Usually when we buy a BluRay for the kids I rip it with MakeMKV, add it to the folders, meanwhile the kids sit and wait. They do not want to wait for a rescan taking 24 hours.... :D

I would also prefer to have some kind of mgmt interface to manage the library more like the skips, bad matches etc....

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Under the shares config there is an option to continually watch the share for changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom