Media info shows audio is 5.1 MP shows 2.0 (1 Viewer)

beatnut88

Portal Pro
January 15, 2012
Home Country
Hi
I have been encoding DVDs using handbrake 1.2 with 5.1 audio which is confirmed as such by mediainfo
But when I hit the info button in MP it says the audio is 2.0
Why is that so?
Any help appreciated
Neil

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have been encoding DVDs using handbrake 1.2 with 5.1 audio which is confirmed as such by mediainfo. But when I hit the info button in MP it says the audio is 2.0
    MP uses MediaInfo to identify the properties of a file. Did you look at the MediaInfo output in the MP log file, or did you use the MediaInfo GUI? If the latter, try the following: enable DEBUG mode in "MP Config", use MP to play a few seconds of the file, then look in the log file for the output from MediaInfo. What does the log file show for the audio properties?

Also, what skin are you using?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    I have been having stutter problems with some single-song videos stuttering. I mean the audio continues playing as normal but the video stops for a few seconds and then picks up again in sync with the audio. this happens with about 1 in 10 videos. Different copies of the exact same video play OK. Also, with some videos of TV shows...
    I have been having stutter problems with some single-song videos stuttering. I mean the audio continues playing as normal but the...
    I have been having stutter problems with some single-song videos stuttering. I mean the audio continues playing as normal but the...
    Replies
    Views
    If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find them in MP2. See here for further info. Quote:- MP2 uses the concept of distributed media, but centralized information. This means that your media items can be anywhere - on your MP2 Server, on your MP2...
    If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find...
    I started experimenting with tuner cards and HTPC before Jack Valenti and his DRM-media Nazis ruined things with their HDCP and DRM...
    Replies
    Views
    Then you didn’t use Nereus Skin in MP2. tMM does a great job in combination with MP2 it’s the best, if you ask me.
    Then you didn’t use Nereus Skin in MP2. tMM does a great job in combination with MP2 it’s the best, if you ask me.
    I have been a relatively happy user of MP1 for quite a while. My setup is a dedicated HTPC connected to my TV, a TV capture device...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom