Media Portal 2 - rumours (2 Viewers)

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Going back to the Numbers frodo released - do they actually mean anything then?

Offcourse they do!

And i'm sure i'm getting smacked in the face by the other mp-ii devs when i say this,
    but this intelligent zoom thing??
    lets say that when mp-ii gets released then you will have 1 reason less to switch to microsoft windows mediacenter

Frodo

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I can play almost anything just fine in x64 except offcourse the AC3 audio. This is because of the fact the Vista x64 needs an x64 application to be able to Passthrough AC3.
    That seems pretty common issue with x64 Vista. Have you tried using AC3Filter already for audio codec?

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Going back to the Numbers frodo released - do they actually mean anything then?

Offcourse they do!

And i'm sure i'm getting smacked in the face by the other mp-ii devs when i say this,
    lets say that when mp-ii gets released then you will have 1 reason less to switch to microsoft windows mediacenter

Frodo

:mad:

i already have enought reasons ! so that does not say much to me:p

hopefully someone will be smarter than me :D

Damandan

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2007
    Tegelen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can play almost anything just fine in x64 except offcourse the AC3 audio. This is because of the fact the Vista x64 needs an x64 application to be able to Passthrough AC3.
    That seems pretty common issue with x64 Vista. Have you tried using AC3Filter already for audio codec?

Yep, but AC3Filter is x86-only and therefore can only be used in 32-bit apps. So no sound via AC3.
    ffdshow, vista codecpack, nero audio decoder, nvidia audio decoder and cyberlink powerdvd audio decoder 6 and 7 all the same. But if I use a 64-bit app (MPC Home Cinema x64 (or something alike) WMP x64 and Media Center x64 all that have an x64-version work perfect with AC3.

So my conclusion is: AC3 in x64 is only possible with an x64 app.

kalinium1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Home Country
    Israel Israel

YES! YES! YES!

Finally, I could stop using VMC for watching TV and MP for all the other stuff.
    A huge Thanks

And for the numbers, I still think my guess:
    From MP 0.2.3 t(w)o MP2 0.1 in 60 days.
    is right .. :)

zag2me

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2006
    Home Country
    England England
    After spending, 6 months fighting with exchange 2007 at work I have come to the conclusion that 64-bit applications are pointless right now, wait 5 years or something then request 64-bit ports :)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    After spending, 6 months fighting with exchange 2007 at work I have come to the conclusion that 64-bit applications are pointless right now, wait 5 years or something then request 64-bit ports :)
    thats not fully true. ;)

i love my x64 versions of Newtek Lightwave and Maya here @ work. ther you realy see the benefit when doing extremely complex calculations or work with an insane amount of polygons.

video editing and compositing with 64bit is also way more fun.

but for the "average enduser" the only reason to use a x64bit system would be high-end PC games / Level-Editors which are optimized for 64bit (i.e. the Crysis Sandbox2 editor).

other then that, i see no point in using a x64 system as long as you are not forced to have more then 4GB RAM installed, or have optimized software.

an other "downside" of the x64 Windows system is (as war as i can remember) that Microsoft only allows certified drivers to be installed.
    which costs an hardware manufacturer a lot of money, which is not that "great" for small start-up companies.

pannivas

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus

64bit applications will become mainstream sooner than that.
    Microsoft already made the mistake with Vista not releasing it only 64bit. But the next Windows Version both Server and Desktop OSes will be only 64bit and that is confirmed by Microsoft.

So when Microsoft stop supporting 32bit in the upcoming Windows Version then all 3party providers inlucding software and drivers will start developing true 64bit applications. Well software can still run as a 32bit app under 64bit but not drivers which is the most important thing.

I belive the next MS Os release will be much sooner than 5years.

carreno

Moderateur
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2005
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    news MPII on the blog

I suggest just news on the blog developer (advancement, screenshot ...)

Thank you

;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom