Media Portal Mascot (4 Viewers)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    we should just check if it is legal
    You mean to CREATE artwork that LOOKS similar to other artwork??

As long as it is CREATED from scratch and not using any gfx files from other ppl. its just fine.

If creatinig artwork that looks similar to others would be a problem, many companies would have to change their logos (because they are not unique), GUI of applications and other promotional material (you know that the Windows GUI was also "inspired" by the GUI of an other OS? like Vista's Areo Glass is too).

Never noticed all the similarities out there in artwork/software/GUI of differnet companies?

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I was re-making the blue2 gys again...

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=11465
    but have decided it's too like the messenger guy so I;m starting again with MediaPortal dude...

Brilliant character! Would you be able to render out a more MP generic guy, like grey or even yellow, to see how he'd work as MP Man? Either that or MP get a blue green makeover, which could actually be a pretty cool (and still unique in the HTPC space) look for us.

December 28, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    I know that is going to degraded myself because I dislike saying negative stuff on graphic design work. But I have too say it…as you need the negative as well as the positive too expand.

Here it is, your renders are great as a mascot for mediapotal.. They have great emotional expression for what they represent. But do I wish to see it every day as I scroll through the program? No I don’t (yes it’s a positional taste) but they still have that small element of childhood in the character. In my opinion a media GUI neededs to be waded more too the mature side and these great characters should not replaces what the blue2 has come to represent in mediaportal.

I think that will do before I shot myself in the foot :)

Regards
    Jeff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom