Media Renamer [v2.0 2009-07-21] (1 Viewer)

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    So you have a file called "Alien (1979).avi" which works and a file "Aliens.avi" which doesn't ?

Correct, All my movies without the year just showed up as MovieName (). However Its possible that the ones with the year are not working correctly and its just parsing the movie year from the file rather then IMDB?

Same here. This happens with 100% of the movies I have.
    e.g. my file is named Alien.avi, it becomes Alien ().avi

MrEMan

Portal Member
    February 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Any ideas on the error a lot of people are having with no year. ie Alien().avi. It's happening here as well.

Regards

Semag

Portal Member
    March 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi-

Been playing around with some stuff for the past couple days and wanted to see if this would work. Trying to get My TVSeries to work (works great on a lot of files) and it needs to have episode numbers to work. We're using some downloaded content and some recoreded TiVo files from one of the PC's in the house, and the TiVo's don't put the episode # in the front - I was hoping to try this out to see if it could parse and find those numbers really quick.

Unfortunately, Tv Renamer doesn't have support for .TiVo extension and I saw a few pages back that someone said to mention an extension if we wanted it added.

So, to make a long story short, could I get a build with .TiVo as a possible file extension? Thanks! :)

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    how do i get episode names for non-english series ?
    i would like to rename german lost episodes but i always get the english titles. Is there a way to get the german titles ?

Thanks Joe

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Just an FYI for those wanting a utility to rename and move TV episodes. I've been using "TVRenamer" for a few months. It monitors your incoming folder (where your episodes come down to), waits for them to be unlocked (i.e. after you release them from your torrent app or whatever), scans and renames based on whatever tagging/file pattern you want, and moves them to whereever you want, again based on whatever pattern you specify. It uses thetvdb as well.
    The only flakyness about it is that if you dump a lot of files into your incoming directory at once, sometimes it only processes some of them and not all of them. You can just click on Manual Scan to have it look again and find the rest.

mojo

January 15, 2008
    Just an FYI for those wanting a utility to rename and move TV episodes. I've been using "TVRenamer" for a few months. It monitors your incoming folder (where your episodes come down to), waits for them to be unlocked (i.e. after you release them from your torrent app or whatever), scans and renames based on whatever tagging/file pattern you want, and moves them to whereever you want, again based on whatever pattern you specify. It uses thetvdb as well.
    The only flakyness about it is that if you dump a lot of files into your incoming directory at once, sometimes it only processes some of them and not all of them. You can just click on Manual Scan to have it look again and find the rest.
    Are you talking about this one?
    NatBur - Home

There's a ton of hits on google for "TVRenamer," so I want to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

ccMatrix

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2006
    MediaRenamer 2.0 Beta 1

I've had some time over the past few days and worked on some improvements and new features for MediaRenamer.

The major new feature is a so-called DropTarget. This is a simple form you can display in the foreground. When you drag a file onto it, the application will detect if this is a movie or episode and then automatically rename it.

I also added some algorithms which detect the series/season folders you are using. When you scan your series folder with the application it will learn where each season of every series is stored. So if for example you have a structure like the following, it will store this information and when it renames a file for "SeriesName" and Season 3 it will be moved to the correct location.
    Code:
    M:\Series\SeriesName\Season 1\
    M:\Series\SeriesName\Season 2\
    M:\Series\SeriesName\Season 3\
    Additionally these algorithms will use your folder structure to create new season folders if. So if you have a file for "SeriesName" in Season 4 it will automatically create a folder "M:\Series\SeriesName\Season 4\" and move the file there.

The application now also has an option where you can enter the location for movies and dragging movie files onto the drop target will move them into that folder.

Under the hood I made some changes to the parser especially the OnlineParser. I'll clean up the code there some more to make it easier to implement other OnlineParsers like thetvdb.com. Adding support for different series languages is also on the todo-list.

The new version is now online as a zip archive on mediarenamer - Google Code

Please give it a try and let me know what you think. I know there are other similar applications out there. But my goal is to keep the application as easy-to-use and simple as possible.

ccMatrix

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2006
    Awesome.. Keep up the excellent work, I have been using version 1.x for as long as I can remember, think I stumbled across this originally in the Meedio forum (back in the day before I connverted to MP)

Is there any chance that the option to scrape Online TV Database - An open directory of television shows for HTPC software will be added?

Up until now the parser I wrote was very un-clean since I added features over time and this made the code far less extendable and portable. But I am now in the process of cleaning it up so that I can add other online parsers as well. It would help if there was anyone with C# and thetvdb.com experience who could implement it but I guess I have to do it myself. Can't give you an estimate yet but it is on the todo list. Last night I added multi-language support for the online parser which is one step into that direction. As soon as I split the parser into generic and webpage-specific code I can start on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom