[fixed] Mediainfo.dll broken (for me) above ver 0.7.30 (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks again, and YES, 0.7.30 plays correctly inside MP; I get an error stating it can't go on from inside or the GUI, they don't have the same language so I'd posted them here; single seat same machine; can check stream formats using 0.7.30 or older; seems to be a multitude of variations - all are MPEG (this is from USA ATSC broadcast) and all have AC3 audio but some have 1, 2 or 3 text streams - SEE ATTACHMENT; I'm not interested in subtitles so I don't know whether a test stream is a subtitle or not.

Onto your test - I placed 0.7.31 into the main folder, renamed a bad file from .ts to .mkv and opened it under My Videos - I saw Haali open in the System Tray and it played!
    I have looked through all the relevant links and I can not see any logs from your system.

Please provide full logs collected via debug mode for the following scenarios

• Attempting to playback file with default 0.7.31 DLL in place
    • Attempting to playback file with the older 0.7.30 DLL in place
    • Playback my videos after file is renamed to MKV

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The client I'm testing on is XPSP3 32bit

It is a fresh install, straight to RC4. I have no additional plugins or skins installed.

My files also happen to be ATSC recordings.

I already posted logs earlier in the thread for playback of a problem recording under M.I. 0.7.31, so I've attached the logs playing the same recording using M.I. 0.7.27 - works fine. Both times it's from the standard TV recordings section, using the UNC option for playback. Under rtsp it works fine regardless of M.I. version.

I then changed the recording to mkv ext., & reverted back to M.I. 0.7.31 - plays fine from my videos - logs attached.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I discovered a wierd extreme delay in MP-TVSeries between starting playback and playback actually starting, which ended up being caused by MediaPortal using MediaInfo.DLL right before playback starts.

I had to go back all the way to v0.7.26 to remove the problem, as I was able to consistently reproduce the error and test it in MediaInfo GUI. Ended up downloading 18 different versions of MediaInfo GUI and kept trying the same scenario on all of them.

In short the problem for me exists in AVI files with AC3 audio codec on a wireless share (hardly noticable on wired network share, and AVI+MP3 or MKV wasn't a problem either, neither was filesize to some extend). I've submitted bug to MediaInfo developer and per his request uploaded one of the AVI files that revealed the problem to me, but as far as I could see the problem is there for any AVI file with AC3 audio codec. Hopefully cause will be found and solved, which might eliminate a lot of other side effects, perhaps as well the one mentioned in here.

Original forum post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ay-between-start-actual-playback-media-83226/

Steps to recreate:

1. Put AVI with AC3 codec on a wireless share (preferably B or G speeds, as N might not show the delay easy).
    2. Drag and drop it from UNC share into MediaInfo GUI window
    3. Watch your network transfer almost the entire file
    4. After long delay the codec info is shown

It was a 299MB AVI+AC3 file that took 97seconds for me. I drag and drop a 1.35GB AVI+MP3 file from the exact same network share and in less then 5 seconds codec info shows. Put the problematic AVI+AC3 file on the local HDD and info shows instant.

So it's a freaky one :)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    The client I'm testing on is XPSP3 32bit

It is a fresh install, straight to RC4. I have no additional plugins or skins installed.

My files also happen to be ATSC recordings.

I already posted logs earlier in the thread for playback of a problem recording under M.I. 0.7.31, so I've attached the logs playing the same recording using M.I. 0.7.27 - works fine. Both times it's from the standard TV recordings section, using the UNC option for playback. Under rtsp it works fine regardless of M.I. version.

I then changed the recording to mkv ext., & reverted back to M.I. 0.7.31 - plays fine from my videos - logs attached.
    I am not sure whether your issue if differnt to AndrewH's but until he provides logs I can't say.

Oddly your mediaportal.xml file does not contain details of which TV Codecs to use and then in your error.log file you have
    Code:
    2010-06-09 19:06:45.593750 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Failed filter:  not found

I am not sure yet whether the MediaInfo error is just something that is happening and could do with being fixed or whether this is the cause of your issues. Will ask devs for more info

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    OK had word from the devs and as I understand it this is a feature of MP but a bug in MediaInfo. One of the changes for RC4 was the identification of radio playback. This uses the video duration returned from MediaInfo to determine whether a TS file is a tv or radio file. Obviously if MediaInfo does not work then this gives MP an issue as it thinks there is no video.

Could you submit the files you are having issues with to the MediaInfo developers?

AndrewH can you confirm that you are experiencing the same that you get the MediaInfo error and then get audio only playback??

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry for the delay... attached are the logs...

with 0.7.31 I opened the bad ts file in TV-Series where it would play as Radio, issued a B to stop playback and then went to my video to play the file again... again, it would play as radio. I hit B to stop and esc to get back to the main menu then EXIT to create logs.

with 0.7.30 I opened the same ts file in TV-Series and it played, B to stop, esc to main then to my video to play it again, B to stop and esc to main menu and EXIT...

with 7.31 I renamed the file to .mkv and now could play via my video. During this I opened the Haali and took a screen shot to illustrate what Haali saw as the streams.

I hope this helps us isolate what's happening. I also must comment that for MP to play an unknown file as Radio is brillant! It's a far better 'interpretation' than hanging the program requiring TaskManager to terminate the process!

EDIT: I did not play any of these files through My TV on these logs. The same results occur when I do, though. I'm not sure whether that is important or not in your evaluation. The way I see it, if Mediainfo can't open the file, MP doesn't get the info and plays as Radio regardless of which function (My TV, My Videos, TV-Series) actually called the gplayer, right? Let me know what else I can do to help and a big THANKS for the effort!

Attachments

• During .mkv playback.rar
      1.4 MB

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    If that's the case, I hope 1.1 final would "ship" with an older version of M.I. If it's a bundled dll, that the core code relies upon, then it does come down to it being a MP problem. Many N.A. users (assuming ATSC is the issue) will run into this issue if 1.1 goes ahead as is.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That's a good question, and I thought I'd tested each version up to and including the current 0.7.33. To be sure here's a repeat of the 0.7.31 (from above) but using 0.7.33 as you asked. The same test, the same results - plays as a Radio file. So in this case something got broken after 0.7.30 and has not been reported/addressed since.

What advantage does MP get, have, or need to use a later version of Mediainfo that some (like myself) are having issue with? To most of us we simply want MP to work :)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Your issue is something completly different:

Code:
    2010-06-12 11:14:34.631399 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: MediaInfoWrapper.MediaInfoWrapper: unable to call external DLL - mediainfo (make sure 'MediaInfo.dll' is located in MP root dir.) Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    2010-06-12 11:15:17.867872 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: MediaInfoWrapper.MediaInfoWrapper: unable to call external DLL - mediainfo (make sure 'MediaInfo.dll' is located in MP root dir.) Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

I bet you are using 64bit version of the dll. But MediaPortal.exe is a pure 32bit so this is the compiled MediaInfo.dll you need.

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom