[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 (ALPHA) and MediaPortal 2 (1 Viewer)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    That's bad news to hear we won't be able to 'patch 1.0.x' to 1.1.0 :( I don't know if I can be bothered doing a complete reinstall :confused:

i dont think is such bad news, plus if you cant bother to do a complete reinstall then just stay with 1.0.2. but then again, by then, dont post bugs which might have been solved in 1.1.0

apoptygma

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2008
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    That's bad news to hear we won't be able to 'patch 1.0.x' to 1.1.0 :( I don't know if I can be bothered doing a complete reinstall :confused:

i dont think is such bad news, plus if you cant bother to do a complete reinstall then just stay with 1.0.2. but then again, by then, dont post bugs which might have been solved in 1.1.0

To be honest I haven't even installed 1.0.2 because none of the bugs in 1.0.1 were affecting me :p . I'm just looking at it from a skin-support / plugin support perspective. hopefully it won't be an issue.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

To be honest I haven't even installed 1.0.2 because none of the bugs in 1.0.1 were affecting me :p . I'm just looking at it from a skin-support / plugin support perspective. hopefully it won't be an issue.

i understand, but im sure u will end up installing 1.1.0 as there are many fixes and some new cool stuff.;)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

1.0.2 was released mainly to fix _one_ major bug for analog-tv-card users. :)

Changes and bugfixes in 1.1.0 are massive. But it will take quite some time until we can release the final version.
    Community Plugin/Skin support should not be a big issue in 1.1.0 since we work closely together with the developers of the most popular community skins and plugins.

darklord

Portal Pro
    September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    wounderful news !

Can you tell us some more about the changes to 1.1 and whats new in 2.0 ?:D

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey guys and gals,

thanks for your excitement concerning MP-II!
    I think we can give a first preview of the new technical capabilities in some time. By now, it is still a bit too early for that.

Like infinityloop already said, the new system is designed to be very flexible. It will be possible to exchange nearly every aspect like theme, skin, language, players, media modules (like Music, Video, Pictures, TV, Radio, Web-TV, ...), media providers (like local filesystem, FTP, UPnP, ...), database and many more. The installer will come with a set of default components, so MP-II will be usable out-of-the-box. But it will be possible to disable/exchange/add components.
    So we cannot answer the question, how MP-II will look at the UI or if DirectShow or MediaFoundation will be used in the VideoPlayer - it simply depends on the choice, which plugins will be installed by default and which plugins users will exchange.

By now, we will take the time we need to make the infrastructure stable and reliable. When we have implemented enough default plugins, we'll off course give you the chance to examine preview versions.
    Until then, have fun with MediaPortal 1 and look forward to the new version :)

Cheers,
    Albert

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    very nice write up Albert. thanks.

you are doing a massive job !!

bermag

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Two questions:

1) Why the december release (I am pretty sure I have seen august mentioned before). Currently roadmap says 88% finished so what is taking that long to fix? The remaining issues don't look like any major issues? I am not complaining just wondering why the delay? Any new stuff that is not included in the list?

2) If 1.1.0 is the last major release, why bother removing TVE2? I understand having to support the old engine as well is more work but if it is a lot of work to remove and this is the last major release then I don't see the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom