[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC1 Release plan (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I hope you are right, but 1.0 had 4 RC's + 2 updates after it was released (still with known bugs). No need to rush things.
    You know what "target" means, right?
    Benefit of beeing opensource is that noone sets a dealine for a release. :p

And there will always be known issues when we release a new version (same applies to _all_ other software in the world!) since we can not fix everything (see longtime issues in mantis.).

Thats where we hope that we get some help from the devs in our community.
    We are still in desparte need of c++ and DirectShow gurus. ;)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I hope you are right, but 1.0 had 4 RC's + 2 updates after it was released (still with known bugs). No need to rush things.

1.1.0 as well will be released with known issues (just look at the Mantis, there are already known issues that are stated to be fixed in the future releases).

As infinityloop said almost all software releases are down with known issues in them. Just look at Windows 7, MS knows that

1) chkdsk is broken on some limited scenarios (or actually it is again bad drivers that are causing the issue)
    2) Display properties changing API is broken (MS has admitted and said not going to fix it in RTM, but instead new API should be used. Which is a good that there is at least some API that works correctly :p)

...and lot of others, that I I'm not aware

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Folks first off thanks for all of the great work on 1.1 so far. I have not yet moved to 1.1 but I have a small fix for a problem I have been having in 1.0.2 with epg grabbing that I would like to check to see if it is still required on 1.1. I would also like to help test the new WebEPG stuff as I currently use this a lot....

So the question I have is about the process of moving to 1.1. In particular can I keep my existing channel and schedule settings (I'm happy to lose all of the MP settings, but having to rescan and re-order the channels is a real pain)... If I can what is the best way to do this? Should I use the export/import from TV Server or is there a better way?

Thanks

Andy

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    In particular can I keep my existing channel and schedule settings
    If you are using the TV-Server allready, then the Database can be re-used without issues.

Just make sure that when you uninstall the current TV-Server and MediaPortal, that you do not select "full products cleanup" since that would delete your database. :)

Also do not uninstall your MySQL or MS SQL Server!
    Some users thought that this would be required. :confused:

Should I use the export/import from TV Server or is there a better way?
    As "backup" (just in case something goes wrong) this would be wise. :)

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks Chris, that's perfect. I'll give 1.1 a go when the beta is out...

Andy

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    is there a good chance for the release of the betaversion this weekend? :)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Guy's. Do i have to remind you that this is the ENGLISH section of the forums?
    I've cleaned this thread of all the foreign posts.

There will be news on the homepage about the BETA release as soon as we have something interesting to tell you.
    :D

Cressari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2008
    Konstanz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is done when it is done and this is correct so.
    THX @all the devs, pluginers and skinners that make this amazing software possible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom