[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC3 - RELEASED (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I don't think it has anything to do with the TVcard itself.
    I guess that we both also tune to Astra 19.2°E and mostikely watch the scrambled ORF Channels?

So besides that I use W7 (now - used WinXp a looooong time), I see no bug differences.+
    Anyway, should be discussed elsewhere.

I can just recommed to install RC3 and test. :)
    RC3 works fine btw. :)
    Sweeeeet :D

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Would really like it if I could choose how refresh of folders should be in the settings. That would be the best way.
    The best way would be if MyVideos automatically refreshes/updates.
    But that was not the case before either.

MyVideos needs a rework from scratch. But form MP1 noone will obviously do that.
    If you have a lot of TvSeries and/or Movies, then I can just recommend that you take a look at the TVSeries and the MovingPictures extensions. :)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Yesterday i did a fresh install and noticed i had to reboot my machine in order to have mptray available. It was not there right after the installed.

Is this supposed to be normal behavior?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yesterday i did a fresh install and noticed i had to reboot my machine in order to have mptray available. It was not there right after the installed.

mptray.exe is started by autorun when you start your pc.
    right after installation it is not started, because DeployTool does not know if you have mptray configured to be used or not.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Issues with standby/resume on my main server machine too. Frequently I have to reboot after waking from resume as MP client or TV server or both are unresponsive. I've not worked out any pattern to it yet but when I do I'll start a new thread with logs etc.
    From my very personal experience I can just say that the TV-Card (driver) you use does have quite a big impact on the stability of TvServer after a reboot.
    Thats why the reinit tvservice option was introduced. To help to get around the issues many drivers have after standby.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

mptray.exe is started by autorun when you start your pc.
    right after installation it is not started, because DeployTool does not know if you have mptray configured to be used or not.

perfectly reasonable.

I just thought that in previous versions, mptray was started right after installation, but i might be wrong.

so no problem here in regards to that.

im looking into some small issue when playing music, sometimes it takes 1-2sec to load a new song, and sometimes 5 -6secs.
    Ill see if there is something strange there.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I ll wait for rc5 or rc6 and then I ll test it..
    RC4 will be the last RC.

btw. linebreaks would help a lot to make your posts readable - any you know what will happen when you do not behave. ;)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I ll wait for rc5 or rc6 and then I ll test it..
    RC4 will be the last RC.

btw. linebreaks would help a lot to make your posts readable - any you know what will happen when you do not behave. ;)

Then why is there so many issues in the bugtracker addressed for future release?

Not a singe MP release will (or has been) bug free. Same goes for almost all of the other software (some nuclear power plant code is hopefully 100% bug free and has 100% coverage on code testing).

1.1.0 is just a compromise between time, resources and the fixed bugs. Hopefully we have been able to select the most critical bugs for the next release. Also you need to remember that not all developers work 24/7 for the MP and that causes some components just to be in "limbo" for a while when no developer is working on those. We just cannot wait infinitely to be able to release a bug free version.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom