[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC3 - RELEASED (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTX

Portal Member
February 1, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Cool.
Updated to RC3 this morning.
So far so good.
Big thanks to the team.
:D

Great to hear that for the majority of the users (including all team members) the upgrade option is working nicely.
So far, "only" 3 users reported that for some reason their TvService.exe was not updated to RC3.

We think that for some reason their TvService.exe got locked and therefore "readonly".
But we do not know why yet. If anyone else encounters this issue, please report in the related bugreport thread.

Upgraded to RC3 from RC2 with no problems. Everything seems to work good.
But I have a suggestion for the future release. It would be nice to have a feature so that if there is only one video (mkv or others) in a folder, it plays when you click on the folder.

Thanks,
DanTX

yastarabe

Portal Member
April 19, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
i've updated my RC2 to the new RC3, and now i'm unable to play avi videos:

- RC2 runs all ok.
- updated to RC3, and updated skin StreamedMP.
- RC3 crashes when i play any avi video.

What's wrong?

EDIT: solved. Codecs issue. Sorry.

sidermay

Portal Member
May 11, 2010
But I have a suggestion for the future release. It would be nice to have a feature so that if there is only one video (mkv or others) in a folder, it plays when you click on the folder.

Thanks,
DanTX

yes, I miss this too.....and even dont forget about more files with "CD1" and "CD2" eg.....of course have it as an option

this system is not happy.....new RC and some bugs moved to another RC....and great lost time with "upgrade" function -> again new bugs (mainly installer), lost time, later release.....neverending story....I really dont remember any version without problems

but I hope you ll deserve my 3 donations soon...

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    this system is not happy.....new RC and some bugs moved to another RC....and great lost time with "upgrade" function -> again new bugs (mainly installer), lost time, later release.....neverending story....I really dont remember any version without problems

Please stop nagging and help fixing those with good and complete bug report.

Simone

CandyAndy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2008
    Darmstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is also my opinion. Tell your bugs, so you will be helped.

Most of the time everything is running well, but sometimes MP
    don't find my remote. I must go figured it out.

these plugins I've tried so far and they are running

Skin: Streamed MP v1.1.0 Stable

MP-TV Series :)
    Moving Pictures :)
    Music :)
    Pictures :)
    TV :)
    Weather :)
    My trailers :)
    Radio (Kontext Music):oops:
    online Video :)

This plugins i try, until now I could not bring on stream

last.fm Radio with Audioscrobbler :(( idon't try with other skin)

So this are all my Results

CandyAndy

Edit 1: last.fm =okay :)

sidermay

Portal Member
    May 11, 2010

Simone

Id been doing that for 2 years at least...but I was annoyed of that....I think this is good argument...I simply gave it up. Maybe now is time to start again...I ll wait for rc5 or rc6 and then I ll test it (still having RC1...I dont want to risk)..of course Ill do clean install...dont want to uslessly risk....but I remember you were ignoring my reports and all the reports were complete...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Simone

Id been doing that for 2 years at least...but I was annoyed of that....I think this is good argument...I simply gave it up. Maybe now is time to start again...I ll wait for rc5 or rc6 and then I ll test it (still having RC1...I dont want to risk)..of course Ill do clean install...dont want to uslessly risk....but I remember you were ignoring my reports and all the reports were complete...

Nick, what a nice play of characters :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

I looked back at some of your posts when you were using MaySider as your username. I think you have been banned a few times already? Even in your early posts in 2006 you sound very frustrated and angry. I can sympathize with that, but my experience is that it does not get you anywhere.

MP is built on Team work. All the users are a vital part of that team and the underlying spirit that makes it work is cooperation, appreciation and support. Especially when we have such a great group of guys who are donating every spare minute of their free time to give us such an awesome app like MediaPortal. Sure, some users have problems, but that is to be expected when you have a software that supports such a huge number of different configurations, TV cards, and options. The only other software that comes close imo is Windows itself, and it is not bug free, even with their billions of dollars and thousands of developers.

Many users are very successful at reporting bugs and getting them fixed. It is a skill, and one I am trying to improve myself ;). Perhaps after more than four years, you might try a different approach? Obviously you love MediaPortal or you would not be using it for so long in spite of all your frustrations.

heldi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you so much for the GREAT WORK you did with MediaPortal.

Sincerly yours,
    heldi

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom