[News] MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC6 RELEASED! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC6 RELEASED!

I only want to ask, if i have to upgrade my os to use 1.1 vesions. I remember your opinion poll result in "Support only Windows 7". Because of my HTPC is a productive system, i can't analyze and send bugreports often. Furthermore are the bug's i described are already discussed in bugreports. I only want to share my experience and why i revert back to 1.0.2.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    No you don't have to updgrade your OS netexplorer for MP 1.1.0. That poll was for MediaPortal 2 supporting only Windows 7.

If there are already bug reports on your issues, it is still very helpful to post in that thread that you have the same issue. You can create and add logs easily now using Debug Mode Shortcut, even on a production system. Your logs might just give a clue to help solve the issue. I have seen many cases where issues were solved by identifying the common elements in different users' logs.

I also have only a production system and it used to be a nightmare for me to create usable logs. Now it is a breeze. The Debug Mode Shortcut loads MP with the default skin and all extensions disabled, then restores them when it is done.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    For your information.
    We have fixed a few issues duing the last week and have now build an internal 1.1.0 testversion.

This version will be tested internally, to find out if no new issues were introduced with the final changes.
    If all goes well (and it looks like it) then 1.1.0 final will be release next week, Friday 23. July.

M

mjmapi

This version will be tested internally if no new issues were introduced.
    If all goes well (and it looks like it) then 1.1.0 final will be release next week, Friday 23. July.

Music to my ears, thanks for the great app guys:)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Well, it has already been discussed but I however want to mention that mantis #2926 (0002926: No instant switch to prev/next chanel after resuming a paused live TV - MediaPortal Bugtracker) is a big deal and not a minor problem, at least from my point of view.
    I am sorry. But the team concluded otherwise (I kicked off a discussion about it again just 2 weeks ago).
    Our developers allready looked into it and they found out that the fix for that issue has a very high potential for creating new (hidden) bugs.

But I will tell you whats happening next week.
    Right after we released 1.1.0, we will create a branch for an 1.1.1 Bugfix release (has not yet been created in mantis - hence no issues assigned to it just now).
    This will then adress issues we do not know about yet, and 2926.

1.1.1 will be released shortly after 1.1.0 and not contain any new features.
    While 1.1.1 is developed in a branch, the featurefrezze on the trunk is lifted and the team will begin to apply the pending patches from the community and several other changes which we have tested and just pending to be commited.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    My point was that stating times for releases has a rather chequered history - most people vehemently decline to give dates.
    They both delight once known and disappoint when missed...
    Looking forward to it though
    :D

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    infinite.loop

There are serious issues with LiveTV switching between SD and HD DVB-S2 channels. Like jumping back into the timeshift buffer and longggg delays before any picture is displayed. Pressing +15 again multiple times to Live point is the solution. The are multiple threads about all the TV issues we are experiencing. I am trying to get a confirmation that this is working as expected in 1.1.0 stable. Can you confirm?

Greetings,

Wouter

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom