MediaPortal 1.13 and Windows 10 Crash (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you really want this, my advice would be to try to contact ears (and anybody else who might be able to assist) personally, repeatedly, and via every possible mechanism you can think of.
    I'd also advise not to assume something is beyond your skills without trying it, at length, repeatedly.
    Let the level of your effort match the level of your desire.
    I guess we'll see what happens...

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Okay, so then please don't attempt to PM me.
    No problem...I won't...don't think there is any need to respond in that manner though :-/

If that bothers you:
    • update the title of the thread to match the content OR
    • start a new thread (and optionally tag me if you'd like my attention, and I'll decide whether I feel able to reply) OR
    • ask me to move posts to a new thread
    It doesn't bother me, but generally people don't like it on forums when people drift off topic so I was just trying to be respectful of that.

I've already added support for many of the features including Freesat channel numbering and grouping in TVE 3.5.
    Well that's brilliant if those functions are supported on TVE 3.5. Is it possible to use these features in the latest development snapshots then, or are they not available to see right now?

Just because I can't build it doesn't mean other people won't be able to.
    Have you tried asking ears for more specific information?
    He hasnt been seen on here for quite a while now, but yes I did. I'm not asking you to build I was just asking if you had any knoweledge because from previous posts (including mine) you have always assisted very well and come across very knoweledgable.

Thanks again for your time and all your input with MediaPortal.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No problem...I won't.
    Thanks. :)

...don't think there is any need to respond in that manner though :-/
    Hmm, I have the impression when you say "that manner", your impression of something I said wasn't... good. That being the case, I think there's been some miscommunication/misinterpretation here.

When I said "please don't attempt to PM me", it wasn't said with any malice, aggression etc. It's just a regular request based on my personal preference. Wherever possible I want everybody to be able to benefit from anything I'm able to share. Therefore I normally reserve PM for personal conflict resolution or exchange of private information (login credentials etc.). It's definitely nothing personal, so I hope you didn't take it that way.

Is it possible to use these features in the latest development snapshots then, or are they not available to see right now?
    Sorry, not available right now.

I'm not asking you to build I was just asking if you had any knoweledge because from previous posts (including mine) you have always assisted very well and come across very knoweledgable.
    Sorry I'm not able to be more helpful this time around. My knowledge is limited to the information that ears and DJBlu chose to share publicly... which unfortunately seems to be incomplete/limited.

Thanks again for your time and all your input with MediaPortal.
    As always, you're welcome any time. :)

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Hmm, I have the impression when you say "that manner", your impression of something I said wasn't... good. That being the case, I think there's been some miscommunication/misinterpretation here.

When I said "please don't attempt to PM me", it wasn't said with any malice, aggression etc

No problem - Its probaly just the usual misinterpretation of how things come across when they are written down :)

Sorry, not available right now.

Oh thats a real shame. I'm really eager to see MP2, would there be any way to get more involved in any testing of TVE 3.5? We have 3x clients configured in this manner with FreeSat you see.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm really eager to see MP2, would there be any way to get more involved in any testing of TVE 3.5?
    I'm confused by your question, because there's no direct connection between MP2 and TVE 3.5.

If you're really eager to see MP2...
    I'm not able to use MP2 myself as I still use XP. However my understanding is that if you can install MPExtended, you can use MP2 with your existing MP1 TV Server installation. I don't know if MPExtended is compatible with DJBlu/ears versions of TV Server, but I'd imagine there's a good chance that it is.

On the TVE 3.5 front...
    As previously mentioned, the features you've said you're interested in aren't available right now. There is an old build of TVE 3.5 which I think may still be distributed with MP2, but I wouldn't advise using it except on a dedicated test setup. It's really old, there's little or no support, lots of bugs and limitations... and yeah, the features you want aren't in it. In short: I don't think there's much you could do right now.

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    I'm confused by your question, because there's no direct connection between MP2 and TVE 3.5.

Oh right! I just assumed they both came together you see! Well that's good to know.

Is TVE 3.5 far off for any kind of release then? I know developers hate these sort of questions but it would be good to know :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is TVE 3.5 far off for any kind of release then? I know developers hate these sort of questions but it would be good to know :)
    Yes, such questions are difficult to answer.
    I cannot share any release time-frame for TVE 3.5. All I can say is that there's a lot to do, and unfortunately I'm working alone.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    So Djblu got in touch which was good of him. However he seems that because MP team were not willing to add the feature he gave up on it.
    --- Post updated ---
    Djblu says the code is here https://github.com/djblu/Custom-Data-Grabber

Attachments

• image.png
      image.png
      281 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom