[News] MediaPortal 1.2.0 ALPHA RELEASED! (1 Viewer)

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
We want everyone to keep an eye on the memory useage of MP in 1.2.0 Alpha.
Reason is that we have spotted a memeory leak in 1.1.1.

This should not occur in 1.2.0 Alpha - but if it does, please create an bugreport in the development forums (See news for the link).

Dude, that sounds promissing, since I encountered a very nasty memeory problem with 1.1.1. It relatively oftn happens that live-tv doesn't work and I need to restart both MP and tvservice by hand using task-manager and every time that happenes MP was collecting memory like no other porgram. 300 MB of RAM is normal with that problem - my "best" result was 1GB of RAM for MP.
Might that be the problem you mean, infinite.loop?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    We want everyone to keep an eye on the memory useage of MP in 1.2.0 Alpha.
    Reason is that we have spotted a memeory leak in 1.1.1.

This should not occur in 1.2.0 Alpha - but if it does, please create an bugreport in the development forums (See news for the link).

Dude, that sounds promissing, since I encountered a very nasty memeory problem with 1.1.1. It relatively oftn happens that live-tv doesn't work and I need to restart both MP and tvservice by hand using task-manager and every time that happenes MP was collecting memory like no other porgram. 300 MB of RAM is normal with that problem - my "best" result was 1GB of RAM for MP.
    Might that be the problem you mean, infinite.loop?
    Not related to MyTV in any way. Can happen everywhere in 1.1.1 that MediaPortal.exe eats up your entire memory - hence the name "memeory leak". ;)

Might be fixed in 1.2.0 Alpha.
    If it is, then we will roll out 1.1.2 with that fix as soon as possible.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, it seems to be the same problem. I didn't mean, that it is really realted to MyTV, but MP likes pretty often to hang up starting TV and then I need to open Taskmanager to get it working again and there I see that MP is having all that memory bunkered.

I guess I will give the alpha the try, sounds good.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    How do you get the rounded covers? mine all have square corners

Quick check of your system specs and see you are using SreamedMP - the sqare corners are intentional as all other views have square corners.

That said there is a rounded version included but requires some manual tweaking - best post the question in the StreamedMP forum as going off topic here.

Thanks

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Damn, can't believe this is an alpha... runs great here - even with a 1.1.1 skin :D (Maya).

Had occasional memory issues w/1.1.1, but no probs so far after going 1.2 A.

The Dave

Portal Member
    November 3, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Think it's time for me to try out MP instead of using Win 7 MCE to record and XBMC to view media (non-recordings). I will have to start a thread for some quick questions I can't find answers for. Just curious, how frequently are updates rolled out? I take it (from the looks of it) this software is being pretty actively developed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom