[News] MediaPortal 1.2.0 ALPHA RELEASED! (2 Viewers)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just curious, how frequently are updates rolled out? I take it (from the looks of it) this software is being pretty actively developed?
    We switched to an short release cycle in MP1.
    Right now we are working on an 1.1.2 hotfix which will adress the memory leak some users encountered in 1.1.1.

For the 1.2.0 tree, we aim to release a new version every 2 months until we get to the final.
    After that we focus on 1.2.x versions fixing issues we missed. Since the amount of changes/fixes is very small, these are also rolled out quickly.

Dr Tone

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2008
    Calgary, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Impressive guys. I just moved to 1.2 and latest StreamedMP last night.

Better overall performance and smooth video playback. Good work!!! Keep it up.

WsQ

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2008
    Kangasala
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Already reported to another thread, but since this occured when updated to 1.2 alpha...

I have Hauppauge WinTV Nova T 500 (PCI) and WinTV CI (USB). The CI-module stopped working after update. Haven't been able to watch any paytv channel after that... Major disappointment. :(

Otherwise everything seems a bit better once again.

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hello, just updated to 1.2 alpha based on all the positive responses here. I can only applaude, it works perfectly, smoother, faster and seems to be rock stable. I have a multiseat setup with two FireDTVs using CAMs for decryption. No problems thus far! Good work!!!

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Seriously - when do you guys ever sleep?

Amazing quantity (AND quality) of work. I've bought 'proper' commercial software without this level of maintenance!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sleep? What is that? I have a vague recollection. :p

Seriously I'm not sure what happened but the energy in the Team at the moment is at an all time high!

It could be because MP 1.1.0 was so successful, and we ironed out a lot of issues that gave use a base to work from. It could be we had to wait so long in feature freeze we were dying for some new development. It could be all the new team members and energy, which has been fantastic. Or, it could just be that we seem to be getting a LOT more cheers from our users these days.

I gotta tell you that is pretty inspiring! You may not be the best looking cheerleaders I have ever seen :p, but you sure make up for it in passion and energy.

So many thanks to you all! Keep it up!

:D

Sepulchre

Portal Pro
    July 17, 2010
    Look great so far, thanks to you all for the effort and hard work your putting in :)

I have found a couple of problems, fast forward/rewind no longer shows the x2 x4 etc bar and the screen doesn't update during either operation so its a bit of a guess as to when to hit play again (I see this in MP-TV Series and Moving Pictures). The other thing, trailers don't play anymore :(

I will send a bug report when I can figure out how to do it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom