[News] MediaPortal 1.2.0 ALPHA RELEASED! (2 Viewers)

The Dave

Portal Member
November 3, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
You may not be the best looking cheerleaders I have ever seen :p, but you sure make up for it in passion and energy.

So many thanks to you all! Keep it up!

:D

Good thing I wasn't drinking my coffee at the time I read this :).

Arnachy99

Portal Pro
November 3, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: MediaPortal 1.2.0 ALPHA RELEASED!

Hello MP Fans,

here are my first impression of the 1.2.0.0 Alpha Version:

Install and config to a stable running was better in the 1.0.2.0. I use the 1.0.2.0 with Win XP for a long time withot problems
Now i have a new House and switch from cable to sat. This was the best time to get all new. I buy Win7 and a SSD for a faster System.
Since one week i try to solve problems, read the forum up and down and get more and more frustrated.:(

Here my major problems:
- Recording never ends and i cant stop it in MP. Only in the TV config i can break the recording
- my display from the Silverstone GD01 doesn´t work with MP. I don´t know, what i can do more...:confused:
- I have a DD cineS2 double tuner, but i can only watch or record one channel.
- Switching channels needed a lot of time ~10 seconds and the new channel laged.

Arnachy99

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: MediaPortal 1.2.0 ALPHA RELEASED!

- Recording never ends and i cant stop it in MP. Only in the TV config i can break the recording
    - my display from the Silverstone GD01 doesn´t work with MP. I don´t know, what i can do more...:confused:
    - I have a DD cineS2 double tuner, but i can only watch or record one channel.
    - Switching channels needed a lot of time ~10 seconds and the new channel laged.
    Please create one thread per issue in the 1.2.0 A development forum. And follow the bugreport guideline.
    Link is in the release news.

Arnachy99

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal 1.2.0 ALPHA RELEASED!

infinite.loop

:sorry:
    I think this is the 1.2.0.0. Alpha talking about thread.

So my english not the best. can you show me the correct place?
    Then i copy the text in a new Thread?!

:D

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

kozzmann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    A big thank you for all the versions of mediaportal released. I'll stay with 1.1.1.0 for the moment ;). Keep up the good work.

KvB

Portal Member
    March 10, 2007
    I was under the impression that 1.1 was the last MP version to contain new features... thinks that impression was wrong :)

How does this 1.2 compare to the upcoming MP2? And is 1.2 the last "1" version?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I was under the impression that 1.1 was the last MP version to contain new features... thinks that impression was wrong :)

How does this 1.2 compare to the upcoming MP2? And is 1.2 the last "1" version?
    1.2 "might" be the last MP1 version.

MP2 is "something else" - just awesome. ;)

Paul Shirley

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2008

• - 0003051: [TvServer] Unhandled exceptions in tvservice. (gibman) - closed.

Whatever got fixed there its stopped the crashes while channel scanning, that needs rolling out to 1.1.x users real quick.

1.2.0 seems to have nailed almost all my stability problems, the extra speed's nice as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom