[News] MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta introduces a brand new look (2 Viewers)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    We will investigate other options for gfx quality in 1.3.0.
    Does that imply that there will be a 1.3.0 release? I personally think it's better to focus on MP2 after the 1.2.0. Every thing that will be implemented in 1.3.0 will also have to be implemented in MP2, so it seems like a lot of duplicate work to me.
    We have developers working on MP1 and others on MP2.
    Since this is an open source project and not a company, you can not force ppl to only work on specific apps. You can not even force anyone to fix specific bugs. ;)

So instead to put valueable team members off by forceing them to work on MP2, we concluded that it is better to have an part of the team maintaining MP1. And those who want to work on MP2 can do that.
    At a later point in development of MP2, more developers will surely switch to MP2.

And no, I do not know when this is. Those of you interested in MP2 please ask Albert about status updates. :)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    We have developers working on MP1 and others on MP2.
    Since this is an open source project and not a company, you can not force ppl to only work on specific apps. You can not even force anyone to fix specific bugs. ;)
    Of course :)
    So instead to put valueable team members off by forceing them to work on MP2, we concluded that it is better to have an part of the team maintaining MP1. And those who want to work on MP2 can do that.
    At a later point in development of MP2, more developers will surely switch to MP2.
    Well, that makes sense.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It looks like there will be only one 4:3 skin available for the roll-out of MP 1.2 beta... the Default skin. Hopefully the plugin developers who have kept up with changes will provide a 4:3 Default skin for their plugin, if it requires its own skin xml (which I think should be strongly encouraged).

Best regards,

Chuck

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Don't worry Chuck aMPed 3.3. is on it's way. And yes, many plugins seem to have stopped providing 4x3 skin files, or just copy the widescreen skin file to both skin folders ARGH!

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Don't worry Chuck aMPed 3.3. is on it's way. And yes, many plugins seem to have stopped providing 4x3 skin files, or just copy the widescreen skin file to both skin folders ARGH!

Thanks Dadeo.

In the meantime, the WAF plummeted with the Default 4:3 skin (sorry guys, I DO appreciate the work in developing a good example skin). I'm having to change a lot of text sizes (for almost everything) and move a few things around to make room, and make a few adjustments in design aesthetics for personal preferences. On that point, The Team did an excellent job on notation in the xmls. Except for having to hunt for a very few items, the code was easy to follow.

Hopefully, there will be an improved WAF after SHE has a look at it this afternoon. I've still got a few things to adjust, and probably more afterwards.

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom