[News] MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta introduces a brand new look (1 Viewer)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It looks like MePo stands for Media Portal!

After a little googling I have found this:

MePo by Glenn Melenhorst, link is here: MePo and MePo Icons

Nice work! It appears MePo originally is green!

DrJekell

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 30, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just realized that the funny MP blue cartoon character bear is missing from the default skin. I hope there is an easy way to return it back, otherwise some kids on the planet will be upset. :(

Me too, I have custom backgrounds for different Seasons/Holidays with him in it. My kids love it.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I just realized that the funny MP blue cartoon character bear is missing from the default skin. I hope there is an easy way to return it back, otherwise some kids on the planet will be upset. :(

Me too, I have custom backgrounds for different Seasons/Holidays with him in it. My kids love it.
    We will make Blue3 and Blue3wide available for the community. Maybe someone wants to continue and maintain the skin as an extension. :)

ggb

Portal Member
    January 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just realized that the funny MP blue cartoon character bear is missing from the default skin. I hope there is an easy way to return it back, otherwise some kids on the planet will be upset.

What is it's name anyways?

I'm glad its gone. The main reason why i don't use the default skin is the cartoon character. It makes the difference between a classy HTPC and an amature application that plays media. Guys keep up the good work :)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I just realized that the funny MP blue cartoon character bear is missing from the default skin. I hope there is an easy way to return it back, otherwise some kids on the planet will be upset.

What is it's name anyways?

I'm glad its gone. The main reason why i don't use the default skin is the cartoon character. It makes the difference between a classy HTPC and an amature application that plays media. Guys keep up the good work :)
    This is always a question of taste. Some will like a design and some will not.
    You can never please everyone. ;)

But I hope that someone from the community will continue to work on Blue3 as an extension.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    "You become responsible forever, for what you have tamed."
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery
    French writer (1900 - 1944)

I am sure some people don't watch the Olympics because their cartoony mascots make the Games too amature. ;)

We can't just kick out MePo who served us for many years.
    I will probably play with the default skin and will try to find a way to replace the default icons with old good MePo. Unless somebody can make a good MePo skin.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    That would be MePo - and long gone IMO
    There should be a 'cartoony' skin if that's what's wanted! (idea?)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    All I'm saying is that I'm waiting very long time for beta and if it is possible release beta as soon as possible - definitely not in next two months :/ Two weeks is quite long from now for me.
    Hey, you can probably help yourself if you want a fast release :)

We will investigate other options for gfx quality in 1.3.0.
    Does that imply that there will be a 1.3.0 release? I personally think it's better to focus on MP2 after the 1.2.0. Every thing that will be implemented in 1.3.0 will also have to be implemented in MP2, so it seems like a lot of duplicate work to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom