[News] MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta introduces a brand new look (1 Viewer)

fab.larosa

Portal Member
April 5, 2011
Home Country
Italy Italy
Exciting news and slick look, but still no 1.2.0 beta public release ... can't wait!
I'm waiting from the beginning of this year and MP 1.2 beta has been deferred three times ... can you please give us a certain estimate of the release date?

TheMerovingian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2004
    Kaufbaire
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta introduces a brand new look

the next weeks is not specific enough for you? i don't think you will get a more detailed answer

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta introduces a brand new look

Really good work and a real evolution for the blue3-skin.

Also I really like maya and with avalon hd https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-skins-50/skin-preview-avalon-hd-maya-team-95093/ another great skin. Thanks to all skin developers.

My fingers are burning to get 1.2.0 beta running. Tried to compile to svn, but version compatibility don't let mediaportal run. Maybe somethin to do with the new skin, which is not included as I saw. :)

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    great news, great Skin, great promo video, congratulations!

Some curious questions till we wait :) :
    The credits for the Skin go to Catavolt? MePo has holidays or retired fully? Will it be called Blue3? I don´t think that it is a real successor of the blue line from several aspects (no MePo, other skiner(s), totally different look).

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The credits for the Skin go to Catavolt? MePo has holidays or retired fully? Will it be called Blue3? I don´t think that it is a real successor of the blue line from several aspects (no MePo, other skiner(s), totally different look).
    Yes, we are nolonger using MePo. With MediaPortals new skin we continue to change our style to a more modern, clean and professional look like we did with the homepage and wiki recently.
    Next step is our forums, but that is a different story ;)

Once we released MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta, we will make Blue3 and Blue3wide available for the community. Maybe someone else wants to continue with it as an extension.

As you might have noticed allready, the new default look of MediaPortal does not have a facy name (like blue2011). Such just causes a lot of additional work, and we only have one skin anyway.
    It since it is our default skin, and that is what we named it after now.
    So inside MP 1.2.0 B Configuration, you will find "default" and "default wide".

We want that users see MediaPortal with its default skin and think "nice that is MediaPortal", rather than "nice that is [awesome skinname] for htpc app.... what was it again?"

Draw the attention to what is really important. ;)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta introduces a brand new look

so, ya got any pics of the 4:3 version? ... for us 3 or 4 non HD users. :D
    Hi Chuck, the 4:3 skin is equal the 16:9 skin, so you may imagine what it looks like in the "poor man´s resolution" :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom