[News] MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta introduces a brand new look (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Looks nice, but would it look better if the covers didn't touch the screen edge on the dispicable me screenshot of coverflow videos?

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/images/stories/news/120-skin/videos1.jpg

It would be nice if there was an option in mediaportal 1.2 to download both tvseries and moving pictures and then if the user selects yes it has a slightly different basic home screen incorporating these two items?

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Something BIG is coming!! Thanks everybody for your hard work!

Can't wait until the beta becomes available.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Looks nice, but would it look better if the covers didn't touch the screen edge on the dispicable me screenshot of coverflow videos?

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/images/stories/news/120-skin/videos1.jpg
    You mean the right side ?
    This screenshot was sadly taken while the animation was not finished. You can see that the Dispicable Me cover is still slightly rotated.
    Once the animation finishes, you have space on the left and right side of the centered cover.

It would be nice if there was an option in mediaportal 1.2 to download both tvseries and moving pictures and then if the user selects yes it has a slightly different basic home screen incorporating these two items?

As far as I know, neither tvseries nor moving pictures are disctibuted as MPEI file. If they would be, then you just had to start the "MediaPortal Extension Installer", select the latest verion of those extensions, and it would download and install these.

Changeing the basic homescreen is sadly not easiely possible. Community Skins such as StreamedMP and Maya come with seperate tools/plugins to customize their homescreens though.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    oh that's good. looking forward to the new release along with AMPdroid remote.

I was just thinking that tvseries & moving pictures are so popular (I would guess 80% of regular MP users, but I have no idea) that it would be good if there was an alternative blue3 basic home to support these that was someone how integrated into the installer package as an additional option. The idea being that newbie users could be made aware of these two extensions for mediaportal that i personally feel are vital to any htpc mp installation.

anyways awesome work, look forward to the new release which is hopefully only 1-2 weeks away :)

janben

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2009
    Yes it looks modern, stylish and very polished.

But I DO urgently miss my old friend MePo who accompanied me for years. And so does my wife - if not even more. She loves him!

N

NIKOMCK

looks nice and the team is doing very good work !!
    what about tv card? the new version works with tv cards? never mind !!!

thanks

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: AW: Re: MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta introduces a brand new look

so, ya got any pics of the 4:3 version? ... for us 3 or 4 non HD users. :D
    Hi Chuck, the 4:3 skin is equal the 16:9 skin, so you may imagine what it looks like in the "poor man´s resolution" :D

Thanks for the reply,

After looking at various Default Wide screens, I'm suspect of the small text in descriptions and some buttons that may be rendered unreadable by the 480i NTSC display here (it may be okay in PAL). There just isn't enough resolution for 9pt and 10pt text. That is why I prefer to use aMPed, with it's larger text (although there are are other things I might like to see changed in it). It is the same deficiency inherent in Blue3 (I might have commented on that a couple years back). I don't think it is advisable to have a skin, as a premier skin for MP 1.2, that immediately demands to be replaced by another only because of readability issues.

Just my 2 cents.

But thanks for the great redesign, other that that.

- Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom