[News] MediaPortal 1.2.0 final released! (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thank you, but why did you have to rush with the final?? I looked at 1.2.0 RC bug report forum, many bugs are still not resolved including two bugs I reported...
    I can understand that from an end users perspective it is strange to see a software release with known issues.

But in software development, there is no such thing as a 100% bug free release.
    I guarantee you that you do not want to see the internal bugtrackers of companies like Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, DICE, Abobe, etc.
    You would not buy any software from them. ;)

Our goal with every release is to make it as bug free as possible. But at a certain point, you have to draw a line, or you will never release a new version (development of 1.2.0 took us 14 months).
    1.2.0 is a great release. And that some issues were not fixed in that release does not mean that they won't in the future.
    We are already working on an small 1.2.1 hotfix, and discuss more/bigger fixes for 1.2.2 and 1.3.0.

So I can assure everyone who is concerned, that our priority was and will be, stability.

Drimincus

Portal Member
    March 8, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just want to add my thank-you:
    Thanks to all of the people that put in their hard work!

I just reinstalled my HTPC and installed 1.2.0
    It's a great release! Everything runs really smoothly.

grrfield

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal 1.2.0 final released!

:D to the whole team for this new very improved version!!!

grrfield

Edwood

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    THanks Fellas,

I've just upgraded from 1.1.3 and it all seem to be working fine and dandy.

Note, I think there might be a small mistake in the instructions

Upgrading to 1.2.0

All MediaPortal installations starting with 1.1.0 RC1 can be upgraded to 1.2.0 RC, without losing your settings.
    If you are running MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta or RC, then all your installed extensions (plugins and skins) will continue to work after the upgrade to 1.2.0!

Is the '...can be upgraded to 1.2.0 RC, without...' supposed to ommit the RC? ie. '...can be upgraded to 1.2.0, without...'
    (Found on this page)

Chur :)

craigparris1

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Just did an upgrade from 1.2.0 beta last night and all went fine! Thx to all developers.

One note, though - the installer told me that I currently had 1.2.0 ALPHA instead of BETA, but obviously didn't impact anything

Cheers,
    Craig

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    One note, though - the installer told me that I currently had 1.2.0 ALPHA instead of BETA, but obviously didn't impact anything
    Yes, that was part of the issue that delayed 1.2.0 final release by one week.
    But that wrong detection of alpha/beta could not be fixed anymore. At least we could ensure that the upgrade itself works.:)

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I made a clean new install of MP 1.2 (after removing and cleaning up 1.1.3) and I was greatly surprised that the ViewModeSwitcher Plugin is already inclded!Is this new? If yes, great idea, one ofmy favourites!

Thanx for the great work, runs smoothly! no issues so far.

shummi

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    After upgrade to 1.2.0 final from beta, i pressed "update sattelite list"
    then it removed all sattelite xml files.

I had a copy, but does anyone know what's wrong?

BR Jesper

Users who are viewing this thread