MediaPortal 1 - No audio and crashing with Intel Integrated Graphics (1 Viewer)

MrGrymReaper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @EditBear What version of LAVFilters, madVR and MediaPortal are you using currently? Also what version of operating system, drivers etc are currently installed?

Are you using OneDrive currently on your HTPC computer as a recent OneDrive update for 2021 has a habit of erasing the Desktop folder in the following path:-

C:\Users\<username>\Desktop

This erasure erases all of the items in the path after translating them into the following path:-

C:\Users\<username>\OneDrive\Desktop\

The crash of WatchDog is occuring because it can't find the desktop folder any more, possibly as a result of a software action.

Last edited:

MrGrymReaper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2009
    Home Country
    @Sebastiii @ajs The user @EditBear depending on their version of MediaPortal may have discovered a bug in WatchDog, occuring as a result of a recent OneDrive client software update for Windows. When Microsoft Corporation developed and released version 2021 (Build 21.099.0516.0003) of OneDrive, it automatically converts a local only Desktop folder to a OneDrive synchronised one, and erases the local only folder afterwards. This invalidates the saving path for the activities of MP WatchDog crash reporting tool.

The tool needs to detect this updated version of OneDrive then, place the files in the OneDrive based desktop folder. Or just simply detect for the non-OneDrive desktop folder, then if not found check for the OneDrive based folder to place it there.

EditBear

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2012
    Tunbridge Wells
    Home Country
    @EditBear What version of LAVFilters, madVR and MediaPortal are you using currently? Also what version of operating system, drivers etc are currently installed?
    LAVFilters Version 0.74.1
    MadVr Version 0.92.17
    MediaPortal Version 1.27
    Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Build 19042.1052
    i7-10700T CPU @ 2.00Ghz
    Intel Graphics Command Centre 1.100.3325.0
    Intel UHD630 iGPU Driver 27.20.100.8935
    Are you using OneDrive currently on your HTPC computer as a recent OneDrive update for 2021 has a habit of erasing the Desktop folder in the following path:-

C:\Users\<username>\Desktop

This erasure erases all of the items in the path after translating them into the following path:-

C:\Users\<username>\OneDrive\Desktop\

The crash of WatchDog is occuring because it can't find the desktop folder any more, possibly as a result of a software action.
    OneDrive Version 21.099.0516.0003 is installed but I have not set it up or logged in to OneDrive on the HTPC.

Shall I uninstall it? Or would you like me to run another Debug?

MrGrymReaper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2009
    Home Country
    @EditBear
    LAVFilters Version 0.74.1
    MadVr Version 0.92.17
    MediaPortal Version 1.27
    Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Build 19042.1052
    i7-10700T CPU @ 2.00Ghz
    Intel Graphics Command Centre 1.100.3325.0
    Intel UHD630 iGPU Driver 27.20.100.8935

OneDrive Version 21.099.0516.0003 is installed but I have not set it up or logged in to OneDrive on the HTPC.

Shall I uninstall it? Or would you like me to run another Debug?

It doesn't start the action until you have logged in following, the updating action. Though watch out if you sign in with a Microsoft Account on Windows 10 or later. As it will cause OneDrive to automatically log in to the service when you reach the desktop in that situation, thus triggering that conversion event.

Windows 10 Storage Sense feature will automatically empty the temp folders when the files aren't in use, if the feature is switched on. This can cause the temp folder of MP to be erased. So if it was erased at any point before the file, referenced in your screenshot is used it would also help to cause that error in MP Watchdog crash reporting tool. This means the folder will need to be checked for and regenerated if needed, whenever an action requires it.

Last edited:

MrGrymReaper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2009
    Home Country
    @EditBear Did you know that there's an updated version (0.75.1) of LAVFilters available, though it has deprecated Intel QuickSync, Nvidia CUVID and DTS binary decoder functionality in it? Though has several bug fixes and new additions including hardware accelerated AV1 support and other improvements.

EditBear

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2012
    Tunbridge Wells
    Home Country
    @EditBear Did you know that there's an updated version (0.75.1) of LAVFilters available, though it has deprecated Intel QuickSync, Nvidia CUVID and DTS binary decoder functionality in it? Though has several bug fixes and new additions including hardware accelerated AV1 support and other improvements.
    I uninstalled LAV 0.74.1 and uninstalled OneDrive,
    then restarted and installed LAV 0.75.1
    I then ran the Mediaportal Watchdog and Mediaportal froze on the "initialising windows manager" screen.
    I had to use task manager to break out.
    At that point the Watchdog itself crashed with this error:
    "System.Io.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'Application_eventlog.csv' because it is being used by another process"
    (see screen grab below)

I then restarted computer and re-ran MePo (without watchdog this time) and it still crashed, this time on the "starting plugins" screen.

Unfortunately it seems updating LaV and removing OneDrive has not helped my situation.

I have attached both logs, if anyone has any other advice they can give me, as without further help I cannot use Mediaportal at all :-(

Attachments

• Crashed Message.JPG
      Crashed Message.JPG
      49.3 KB
    • MediaPortalLogs_24_06_21__22_51.zip
      814.2 KB
    • MediaPortalLogs_24_06_21__23_14.zip
      1.5 MB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I have attached both logs, if anyone has any other advice they can give me, as without further help I cannot use Mediaportal at all :-(
    Code:
    [2021-06-24 23:00:47,674] [Log    ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [DEBUG] - RemoteControl: TCP connect took : 1
    [2021-06-24 23:00:47,674] [Log    ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [INFO ] - RemoteControl - Connected
    [2021-06-24 23:00:47,674] [Log    ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - TvServer: Failed to execute remote TV server operation (IsAnyCardRecording) Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [2021-06-24 23:00:48,689] [Log    ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [DEBUG] - RemoteControl: TCP connect took : 0
    [2021-06-24 23:00:48,689] [Log    ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [INFO ] - RemoteControl - Connected
    Try disable TVPlugin and restart MP ...

EditBear

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2012
    Tunbridge Wells
    Home Country
    Code:
    [2021-06-24 23:00:47,674] [Log    ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [DEBUG] - RemoteControl: TCP connect took : 1
    [2021-06-24 23:00:47,674] [Log    ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [INFO ] - RemoteControl - Connected
    [2021-06-24 23:00:47,674] [Log    ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - TvServer: Failed to execute remote TV server operation (IsAnyCardRecording) Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [2021-06-24 23:00:48,689] [Log    ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [DEBUG] - RemoteControl: TCP connect took : 0
    [2021-06-24 23:00:48,689] [Log    ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [INFO ] - RemoteControl - Connected
    Try disable TVPlugin and restart MP ...

I attempted to disable the TV Service and was greeted with an error message (snapshot attached), I cleared that and was able to try again to disable the TV Server. With the TV Server disabled I ran the Watchdog and MePo froze on the starting plugins message (logs attached) when I crashed out MePo displayed another error message (screenshot attached).

Attachments

• Watchdog crashed out error message.JPG
      Watchdog crashed out error message.JPG
      47.3 KB
    • Open TV Server Config.JPG
      Open TV Server Config.JPG
      66.4 KB
    • MediaPortalLogs_25_06_21__21_17.zip
      841.8 KB
    • MediaPortalLogs_25_06_21__21_10.zip
      837.8 KB

EditBear

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2012
    Tunbridge Wells
    Home Country
    @EditBear

It doesn't start the action until you have logged in following, the updating action. Though watch out if you sign in with a Microsoft Account on Windows 10 or later. As it will cause OneDrive to automatically log in to the service when you reach the desktop in that situation, thus triggering that conversion event.

Windows 10 Storage Sense feature will automatically empty the temp folders when the files aren't in use, if the feature is switched on. This can cause the temp folder of MP to be erased. So if it was erased at any point before the file, referenced in your screenshot is used it would also help to cause that error in MP Watchdog crash reporting tool. This means the folder will need to be checked for and regenerated if needed, whenever an action requires it.

Since your post above I have uninstalled One Drive and I have never logged in using a Microsoft account as my PC is a HTPC run under a local admin account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom