MediaPortal 2 Alpha 1 Summer Release - it's getting hot! (2 Viewers)

Denny09

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    First of all credit to all developers for this version.

I just did basic testing and here are some of the comments suggestions
    It would be great if it remembered the filter settings of features. For example when you go to images it always goes back to filter by year. There could be a preference in settings that remembers the viewing preference.

Weather Feature
    When you go in it to choose location it pops up with a message box but there is no way to add a location you have to go to settings.

Images feature
    Is there a possibility of adding tagging support?
    The name of image under the thumbnail isn’t necessary and again this could be a configuration option.

When you click on the picture it should resize it to full screen and stop there. Currently it starts a player and then after few seconds it goes back to image thumbnails. I don’t think that is necessary for the image to have controls on it.

Well done to the developers and looking forward to further testing.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Must say i like very much the direction of this, and a big, big thanks to the developers.
    I have just installed it and started testing it. When i add a folder and tell's MP2 that it contains movies, not any movies shows up when i in the home screen click on movies "<No items to display>" is what i get. TV-Series works.
    The "Movies" section only shows movies that are successfully found by online lookup. The matches (and non-matches) are stored in the server data folder:
    "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\TheMovieDB\Matches.xml"

Can you upload this file, I can check what names are not looked up correctly.

Denny09

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I also have a number of movies not showing up what I have found that looking at the file matches.xml it seems that it is opening a iso file because it is adding to the name Disc 1. All of my movies are stored in folders and the folder name and file name are the same and I have tested it and all movies are found in themoviedb.org

You will also notice that the iron man 2 it is picking up wrong movie.

Another question does it support dvr-ms and wtv files ? As I have heaps of movie files under those extensions but are not shown in matches.xml.

Attachments

• Matches.xml
      2 KB
    Last edited:

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If something is not working as you expect it, please attached log files and the Matches.xml.

This way it is much easier reproducible than describing everything in words only.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another question does it support dvr-ms and wtv files ? As I have heaps of movie files under those extensions.

I think currently we do not have those extensions included in our VideoMetadataExtractor. As long as MediaInfo supports reading information out of those formats, they can be easily added. Btw., I should move the extensions list from code to plugin.xml ;)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now that I got home I checked the extensions list. We already use a settings file for managing them.

Please extract and save this attached .xml to "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Config\MediaPortal.Extensions.MetadataExtractors.VideoMetadataExtractor.Settings.VideoMetadataExtractorSettings.xml" and re-import the share with your video files!

Attachments

• VideoMetadataExtractorSettings.xml.zip
      597 bytes
    Last edited:

pellegj

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The "Movies" section only shows movies that are successfully found by online lookup. The matches (and non-matches) are stored in the server data folder:
    "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\TheMovieDB\Matches.xml"

Can you upload this file, I can check what names are not looked up correctly.
    It seems that it dont like my filenaming. I have a separate folder for each movie, and in thoose folders i named the files as the IMDB number. For example "540p\The Interpreter (2005)\tt0373926.mkv" where i map "\\srv\Filmer", so full unc is "\\srv\Filmer\540p\The Interpreter (2005)\tt0373926.mkv"
    Code:
      <MovieMatch>
        <ItemName>tt0373926</ItemName>
        <Id>0</Id>
        <FanArtDownloadStarted xsi:nil="true" />
        <FanArtDownloadFinished xsi:nil="true" />
      </MovieMatch>

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You are right, this naming schema is currently not supported. For Series we have already detection methods based on regular expression, we can add this feature also to movies part. I will think about this...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I now added support for IMDB based online lookup! When there is a IMDB id in file path, the online lookup is directly done via this ID. Next release will contain this feature!

Next steps could be to read this id also from associated files (.txt, .nfo,...)

pellegj

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I now added support for IMDB based online lookup! When there is a IMDB id in file path, the online lookup is directly done via this ID. Next release will contain this feature!

Next steps could be to read this id also from associated files (.txt, .nfo,...)
    Great news morpheus_xx, thank you very, very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom