MediaPortal 2 Easter Build with many surprises :) (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When I try to also watch TV on an older ION-Client with the MP2 Client, I can connect to the MP2-Server, but I can not watch TV. I have disabled Firewall on both PC's, so I do not think it is a connectivity Problem.
    I tried to configure the SlimTV Connection to the server-name and to the Server-IP, but I do not get the channels, just an empty page, when I start Slim TV.

Your log file shows two issue:
    1. You don't have DOKAN 0.53 installed on this client, so you won't be able to access remote media files (not TV related)
    2. SlimTV seems not be able to retrieve channel groups, or it tries to use an invalid group index.
    Did you copy only the binary files or also config files from ProgramData?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1 minor thing which doesn't work for me is the date. It shows "DD.04.YYYY". It is a german windows7 installation with german regional settings, nothing special I should think.
    I am on german windows as well, so it should be fine. What is your setting inside Settings->Appearance->Skin->Date format? I have only a "D" here.

Sorry, can't test much. can't manage to import about 150 episodes of 10 series. Neither reimport of music. I left it alone for 2 hours now. nothing. Where are the logs located? Can't find them on my system atm.
    The new Metadata extractor features are only working when a new share gets imported. The "Reimport" button does only watch for files that have been modified since the last importer run. So you should remove the existing shares and add them new again.
    We are already discussing this procedure to allow also full re-imports, or a more detailed version...

brunoh

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2004
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    When I try to also watch TV on an older ION-Client with the MP2 Client, I can connect to the MP2-Server, but I can not watch TV. I have disabled Firewall on both PC's, so I do not think it is a connectivity Problem.
    I tried to configure the SlimTV Connection to the server-name and to the Server-IP, but I do not get the channels, just an empty page, when I start Slim TV.

Your log file shows two issue:
    1. You don't have DOKAN 0.53 installed on this client, so you won't be able to access remote media files (not TV related)
    2. SlimTV seems not be able to retrieve channel groups, or it tries to use an invalid group index.
    Did you copy only the binary files or also config files from ProgramData?

Thanks for looking at my logs.

Yes, I only copied the binary files to a client that already had a MP1 client. I did not install the 1. MP2 Alpha-Version before. I was surprised about the 'easy installation'.

The client did start up successfully and there was no error, I believe.
    I did not test to access remote files, as I was mainly interested in the TV functionality after seting up a new TV-Server. So the correct way would be to install MP2 alpha first to get the installer to do some basics and then the easter-build will work even when the files are copied somewhere else?
    I will try that and also have a look at the part with remote-files.

The slimtv worked after I changed to no password in mp extended and slimtv-configuration. So it was my fault, I assume.

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.

MP2 looks really cool but was not able to watch any video files (see the logs). He always showed an error that no video could be played.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hafblade, seems you have mixed up the alpha and this easter build. please extract the archives to an empty folder and run again.

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    oO I thought I had deinstalled and deleted everything of the old build but I suppose you are right. I'll try it again this evening. :)

MP2 FOR PRESIDENT! :)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Damn.... Not sure why, but MP2 looks and feels so much fresher than MP1 - even in this state (using Reflexion, ofc - green theme!!!!).

Haven't found any eggs that I'm sure everyone else has found, tho' - but I haven't gotten around to using (slim)TV - and I just never feel like fiddling around with the default skin when Reflexion is an option (I blame you for that, Morph :D).

(I need to "greenify" the home-screen-pics.... ;))

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi thanks for the update guys looking good...

I have a problem with the database maxing out at 1GB after importing my music library.

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Prior to testing this release I has a 300MB database.
    Testing this version, following the instructions in first post, my data base has now ballooned to 1.2GB. This is using the same shares as prior to the test.
    Is this an expected increase, or do I have to start bug hunting?

I love the new series option, but it would even be better if it would do the "filter by season" view by default when you select a series with multiple seasons, not as now showing all episodes.

This version of MP2 seems to work smooth and without problems on my system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom