MediaPortal 2 Easter Build with many surprises :) (1 Viewer)

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Hi,
    I've just tried this version and it looks great, runs smooth but there is one thing bugging me. If I'm scrolling through my music database, scroll to Deep Purple, press enter to view my Deep Purple albums, press escape to get back to the list of my music, and Deep Purple is not selected as I think it should be, but the first item in my music library, and I've have to scroll down again. I know that I can press D to get to the start of D section in my music library, but I think I should go back to place I've started, that is Deep Purple. But congrats on this version, it looks great.

GurliGebis

September 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It seems to work pretty nice, however, subtitles are not working.

I have two MKV's with subtitles (only tested those two), and from non of them can subtitles be shown (I can select them, but they aren't shown).
    The subtitles are labeled as vobsub.

Should I extract the two subtitles tracks to a new MKV and upload it?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you like to upload a sample, then please cut a piece of the file. I need all streams to test, not only subs. One minute with subs should be enough

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk

xetic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 29, 2010
    Bonn/Alfter
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Very nice skins and it is very smooth on my test System ++1!
    I hope i can test all features next week... :)

GurliGebis

September 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    If you like to upload a sample, then please cut a piece of the file. I need all streams to test, not only subs. One minute with subs should be enough

I made two samples, one from a DVD and another from a BD - 15 and 20 seconds long, to keep the filesize down.
    I chose two sections with alot of dialog, and thereby alot of subtitles.

Please let me know if you need any more samples :)

/GurliGebis

JacobJust

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Are something like refreshrate changer in the works?
    When viewing something that are different than screen refreshrate i experience a lot of drifting between Video/Sound.

Thanks for the effort put in MP2. It is Nice to see how fast things seem to be catching up lately !!!

Earl27

May 18, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just decided to try the alpha version of media portal and had some questions about how to set it up. First I did not find an installer, I used the easter build zip files that were postd in this forum. I was able to launch client and server and figured out I guess the client is used to configure server settings. So I was trying to configure a remote share for video and it found my server that I have the shares on, but it did not show the shared folder or give me the ability to add the full share path of the file. Is that something that needs to be reported or am i doing something wrong. It would be good if it list the servers like it does, but also provide the option to manually add the share path to the file. So in my case my server is called mediaServer and I have different shares one for Music, one for Video, and one for picuters (\\mediaserver\video; \\mediaserver\music; \\mediaserver\pictures). With the current build I only see \\mediaserver and no video is shown in the client.

A;lso, how is TV tuners configured on the server?

Also, I did not see an installer for the alpha install so maybe it is not installed correctly.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just decided to try the alpha version of media portal and had some questions about how to set it up. First I did not find an installer,
    You can find infos about the alpha within the announcement on the homepage. On the bottom of that page you also can find a link to download the installer.
    I used the easter build zip files that were postd in this forum. I was able to launch client and server and figured out I guess the client is used to configure server settings.
    The client is you graphical user interface (gui), yes.
    So I was trying to configure a remote share for video and it found my server that I have the shares on, but it did not show the shared folder or give me the ability to add the full share path of the file. Is that something that needs to be reported or am i doing something wrong. It would be good if it list the servers like it does, but also provide the option to manually add the share path to the file. So in my case my server is called mediaServer and I have different shares one for Music, one for Video, and one for picuters (\\mediaserver\video; \\mediaserver\music; \\mediaserver\pictures). With the current build I only see \\mediaserver and no video is shown in the client.
    For this setup it is recommended to install only the MP2-Server on your "mediaserver"-machine and MP2-Client on the PC where you want to have the gui.
    You you can't or don't want to install MP2-Server on your "mediaserver", you also can install it on the same PC like MP2-Client and then use network ressource provider instead of local filesystem provider during the configuration of your shares.
    A;lso, how is TV tuners configured on the server?
    TV Tuners are not configured within MP2 itself. You have to use MP1 TVServer for that and only connect MP2 to the TVServer.

A few information are written down in the wiki, maybe these can help you as well, but we also have to improve our documentation, so I don't have screenshots available now, sorry.

We are trying to get a new Alpha2 build out the next weeks.

Cheers,
    Tommy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom