MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2015-04-03) (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Besides the MIA rework, which is currently prio 1, 'd like to remind, that the operation with remote control needs to be overworked.
    The discussion was once started in BlueVision thread and I can only confirm, that it's really not so easy with a remote control or keyboard.
    Is somebody working on this?

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Any chance of a full test version this week?
    Possibly.

I've formalised the DevTools program onto a branch and it will now be integrated with the MP2-Server install. Also started on the logic for relationship building and making calls to the relationship extractors. The first cut will be for series because OnlineLibraries project already fetches a lot of data for TVDB lookups.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    because OnlineLibraries project already fetches a lot of data for TVDB lookups
    In fact it fetches all (not only "a lot" ;) ) available metadata for the whole series. This is an option of the TVDB-API, delivering metadata for the complete series in one file. Only things not downloaded at once are the thumbs. But those are generated by MP2 server nevertheless and for this are not needed to download at all...

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not able to add media source!

Hi,
    unfortunately with this source it isn't possible for me to add mediasources on banana pi in network. I get this error message ->

screen_1.JPG

Path is valid and working fine in windows etc. Logs are attached.
    Best regards
    Helios

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I also use a Banana Pi and I never had issues adding the path to MP2. So there must be something wrong, probably in the Linux rights management (the most annoying part on Linux imho...)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you type the path manually?

I've tried both alternatives -> same result :confused:

I also use a Banana Pi and I never had issues adding the path to MP2. So there must be something wrong, probably in the Linux rights management (the most annoying part on Linux imho...)

Banana shraes are working here in my complete setup (MP1, TV, Windows share, Kodi....), only MP2 doesn't work. I think the issue is MP2 related. Here my settings of OMV->
    Screen_1.JPG

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Do you use exactly the same credentials in MP2 settings as used on the banana? For now you only can use one pair of user/password to access a share on all drives. This will be change later, but for now you have to keep an eye on this. And, in opposite to Windows, Linux is case sensitive. "User" is not the same as "user" if you are working with Linux.
    Is the default banana user added to the "sambashare" group?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is the default banana user added to the "sambashare" group?
    This setting was missing, but after adding default user to the "sambashare" group, issue is still there!
    I've read and write access to both HDs attached to banana pi in windows network and as attached network drive. It is working fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom