MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2015-04-03) (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I only can tell it is working here without issues, so it can not be a general issue of MP2.

Maybe I can have a look later (after the formula one race)...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Another Ida... On your screenshot there is the closing \ missing.My shares on the Banana (like all others) have a closing \ Did not ad them manually, so I don't know why there is none on your share...
    Clipboard 1.jpg

My Banana is named "Uhura" (you know Star Trek...) and both shares are working like any other share...

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can add the root folder "bananas", but subfolders are not displayed (Network adresses aren't displayed too) :confused:! As i said before, access to these folders is working fine on my complete windows setup. Some screenshots ->
    Screen_1.JPG

Screen_2.JPG

Screen_3.JPG

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I can add the root folder "bananas", but subfolders are not displayed
    You have meshed up something with the Linux rights on the Banana, I'm pretty sure. The MP2 Server did not run as the average Windows User but with lower privileges. For this you need to set the rights on your Linux share properly. And you must take care that the rights are set recursive or better set global rights, means activate "Berechtigungen erben" (did not know the English term for this, sorry) and copy files to the shared folder after!!! this is done.
    Here are my working! settings
    Clipboard 3.jpg

With this settings I did not had any issues to access the files (as shown on previous screenshot).

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Network adresses aren't displayed too
    What do you mean with this? You can not show any network drive letters (your Y: and Z: drives) in MP2. This never was intended to work and probably never will be. But UNC path should be working without any issues as long as you have set the correct credentials in MP2. As told before you are only able to set up a single pair of User/Password for now. This will be change in future but for now you need to set all your SMB shares to be accessible with the identical user and password. If this is not the case you probably see the system (e.g. bananas) but can not enter it.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What do you mean with this? You can not show any network drive letters (your Y: and Z: drives) in MP2.
    Thats new for me, Thanks for the hint!
    But UNC path should be working without any issues as long as you have set the correct credentials in MP2.
    Doesn't work here! Have configured as shown in your screenhot (Enable permission inheritance), but unfortunately it doesn't work.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Uuups, all is working fine. Sorry, sorry, sorry. Simple have forgotten to config the credentials in MP2 Server config! :oops::oops::oops:

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am very stumped. I have been running 10th AE - Update 1 as linked to on the download page for a few months with a dedicated MP2 server and a few clients. Media is stored on a dedicated 2012 R2 server and there is a domain involved. Network credentials are set in MP for domain\user and password. One of three clients is able to play movies/series. All clients are able to browse MP2 server for the TV (series) share but the Movies share shows <No items to display>. On the clients that can browse TV, clicking on anything yields a blue question mark with "Unable to play media item X" which is the same error I get trying to play anything in movies or series.

What gets me is the one client that is able to play everything. That leads me to believe that the network credentials are working and without the credentials, I am unable to select the media source. I have tried copying the entire MP folder from the working client to the non working ones with no change. I have also tried logging into the non working client with the user that is working on one client with no change.

What am I overlooking?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom