MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2015-11-07) (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is a development build based upon the the "Summer'15 Release Update 1".

Main changes compared to Summer'15 Update 1 Release are (grey points where available in previous development snapshots already):
    • Updates and fixes for SlimTV / TVE 3:
      • Improved schedules management: added scheduled programs list / series view
      • Fixed recording/canceling of programs of series schedules
      • Reworked group / channel / zap handling to use correct group and channel indexes
      • Added new feature to show episode information in TV guide and recording planning
      • Updated core to MP1.12 version
      • Disabled redundant TV Thumbnail creation (done by MP2)
      • Fixed endless loop in recording management if folder is missing
      • Fixed storing/reading of some settings due to case-sensitive DB storage. This works only for new created databases or requires manual changes in SQLite DB (see here).
    • BlueVision skin:
      • Moved player controls into new "currently playing" screen (right button in top group menu), so they don't overlap footer contents
      • Added help texts for menu items to make features clearer to new users
      • New "Windows 10" theme
    • New window mode, toggle between them by "ALT-Enter":
      • "Windowed always on top" (also known as MiniTV mode in MP1)
      • Windowed (normal)
      • Fullscreen
    • Windows modes keep aspect ratio of Skin and position/size will be restored after restart
    • Fixed wrong MP2 window size after sleep/resume cycle due to resolution changes (see here)
    • Fixed Resource Server that could return wrong url in some cases (fixes loading of fanart / channel logos)
    • Changed streaming parameters for remote resource bridge (trying to fix interruption of media playback in multiseat)
    • Support for external subtitles by xy-VSfilter (auto loading version, thanks @henso)
    • OnlineVideos 2 plugin is not contained, please backup and restore it after install
    If you experience errors, please post logfiles here. A link to Log Collector can be found on your Desktop and Start Menu!

Download link http://tinyurl.com/qxzb8yp

@Testers , @Developers , @Designers

Please post feedback about installation result and also TV related fixes!

Last edited:

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Removed all prior installs from Server and Client, rebooted both.
    Installed Server Only on WV-Server, stopped service and copied saved DB for TV and restarted service. All appears ok

Installed Client only on Sylvester.
    Had to restart Client app before getting a good connection to TV
    First time access got
    [2015-11-07 08:37:28,420] [195888 ] [InputMgr ] [INFO ] - WorkflowManager: Pushing workflow state 'SlimTvClientMain' (id='c7646667-5e63-48c7-a490-a58ac9518cfa') onto the navigation stack...
    [2015-11-07 08:37:28,430] [195898 ] [InputMgr ] [WARN ] - SlimTvHandler: No TV provider available (yet)

Once client was restarted, clicked on Movies (no imports done yet.
    [2015-11-07 08:39:20,579] [6043 ] [InputMgr ] [INFO ] - WorkflowManager: Pushing workflow state 'MoviesNavigation-Root' (id='312016aa-3df6-4c1d-b8f7-44d34c456ffe') onto the navigation stack...
    [2015-11-07 08:39:48,244] [33708 ] [InputMgr ] [WARN ] - AbstractFiltersScreenData: Error creating filter values list
    UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.UPnPException: Error invoking action 'X_MediaPortal_GetValueGroups' ---> UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.UPnPRemoteException: Network error when invoking action 'X_MediaPortal_GetValueGroups': The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceTree.CpAction.AsyncActionCallResult.GetOutParams()
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceTree.CpAction.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult result)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceTree.CpAction.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult result)
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceTree.CpAction.InvokeAction(IList`1 inParameters)
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.ServerCommunication.UPnPContentDirectoryServiceProxy.GetValueGroups(AttributeSpecification attributeType, IFilter selectAttributeFilter, ProjectionFunction projectionFunction, IEnumerable`1 necessaryMIATypes, IFilter filter, Boolean onlyOnline)
    at MediaPortal.UiComponents.Media.FilterCriteria.SimpleMLFilterCriterion.GetAvailableValues(IEnumerable`1 necessaryMIATypeIds, IFilter selectAttributeFilter, IFilter filter)
    at MediaPortal.UiComponents.Media.Models.ScreenData.AbstractFiltersScreenData`1.ReloadFilterValuesList(Boolean createNewList)

Also got this instead of No Media
    Movies.jpg

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here how far I got.
    I have a brand new clean install of Win 10 Pro x64. (on a lame Core2Duo with 2GByte of RAM and an Radeon 6xxx and 500GByte HDD)

Setup runs smooth without one exception:
    The DX9 Installer asks to restart when it's done.

SetupTV:
    it's not 100% clear that and how you have to add the satellite(s) to your tuner. Start scan without satellite could show a hint here.
    When working with the channels I had to close and reopen SetupTV when:
    Selecting the "All Channels" Tab (1077 channels found on scan) resulted in heavy HDD activity and an wait cursor ... for ever
    Unselect scrambled channels took a while, but finally could be finished (no restart here)
    Deleting scrambled channels took for ever and I had to restart.
    If I saw it correctly the EPG scanner is not selected for any channel by default.
    A hint that any EPG source should be selected would be nice.
    In general on a new setup it would be nice to have some hints where I have to do something in what order, like a order number and check mark in the tree to the left.

HAMA Remote.
    Most keys are not working at all:
    Back (is mapped to Backspace on HAMA remote)
    EPG
    Recordings
    Current Player
    Fast forward/backward
    I guess here I need some remapping
    But since this remote works perfectly in WMC without any configuration I was hoping for more.

DVD:
    Same remote issues as elsewhere
    Is it intended that the movie starts immediately without the initial menu? May be the DVD I grabbed had no menu.
    And I'm still thinking if starting the main movie isn't even better :cautious:

BluRay:
    No Player Registered
    The LAV Filters were selected. MS Filters are available too, but I haven't tried
    No 3rd party BluRay SW is installed on this machine

Skin BlueVision:
    TV OSD does not show channel name and number

Recording:
    I selected the 2nd channel to record, by this the 1st and 2nd channel turned red.
    I could not stop recording, and I don't even know if it actually was recording since I did see nothing in recordings.

Wish list for TV:
    EPG:
    Add Option: Selecting a currently playing program should start showing it instead of showing the menu Play/Record/...
    Hitting the Remote Record button in EPG should toggle between: Record/Record series/don't record

For today I'm done. Lets see if I'm in the mood tomorrow.

Conclusion for today:
    At the current status I can not let it loose on my family :(

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    HAMA Remote.
    Most keys are not working at all
    The Hama 00052451 remote is a clone of the Ortek VRC-1100. If you were using MP1, I would suggest that you follow the advice in the following post and later ones:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...cus-with-eventghost.81906/page-7#post-1154875

However, you need to enable the "Centarea HID" and use the config file referenced in that post. Can that be done in MP2? I have no idea.

If you want an easy life, follow the advice in this post:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ge-pvr-2250-to-mp2.131490/page-7#post-1156637

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @CyberSimian Thank you for the info. I guess I figure it out somehow.
    There is a new MP2 plugin in the works that might help me here. I just have to bee in the mood playing around with it.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    This is exactly the same as in MP1. And here nothing will change (Code freeze) as long as the TVE 3.5 isn't ready. (And as far as I know the development status of TVE 3.5 the configuration program is still the same for TVE 3.5, so not much hope of ever getting it better). I agree, the TV setup is a pain in the A... But after the "death" of WMC MP is still the most easy to setup TV solution. TVHeadend or MythTV or similar are a thousand times more complicated to setup than MP.
    You may read some forum postings or the wiki how to setup TV in MP...

HAMA Remote
    The Hama Remote is well known for being nasty. It calls itself MCE comnpatible, but it isn't. It's simply crap. Grab yourself 10 Bucks and buy a really compatible RC6 receiver and all remote issues are gone.

TV OSD does not show channel name and number
    Channel numbers are not supported in MP2 atm. And I really don't miss them at all. But the rest is shown for sure: This includes season and episodes numbers, if your EPG source has this information
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

I selected the 2nd channel to record, by this the 1st and 2nd channel turned red.
    I could not stop recording, and I don't even know if it actually was recording since I did see nothing in recordings.
    The first issue I've never seen anywhere, The second one is fixed with this build. I was waiting a very long time to get this working so I'm definitely sure it now is working. The third issue was fixed some builds ago, prior to the Summer15 build. Never saw it again later.

I think you have meshed up your TV configuration completely...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Did you configure folders for Recordings and Timeshifting?
    If these are not configured, you will have all kinds of issues.... these are configured the same as in MP1

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Added help texts for menu items to make features clearer to new users
    Proposal to improve it further. Currently the helptext is shown when the focus comes to a button. So far, so good. But it is also kept until another button is focused. I can for example change the group from TV to Video and still the helptext from "Watch TV" is shown. Better would be, if the helptext is only shown as long a button has focus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom