MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2015-11-07) (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I actually like the Hama remote. Even the mouse emulation is quite useable. Is an RC6 receiver fully compatible (with HAMA remote and MP2), even with the mouse emulation?
    With MP2 definitely. But with the Hama... I really don't know...
    The Hama/Ortek remote does not transmit signals compatible with the RC6 protocol, so an RC6 receiver cannot be used with the Hama remote. I would refer you once again to the following post, which provides a set of guidelines for choosing a remote+receiver combination that will be easy to set up for use with MP1 or MP2:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ge-pvr-2250-to-mp2.131490/page-7#post-1156637

If you really, really, really want to use the Hama remote, you probably need to use a tool that can map keystrokes. I have the Hama remote, and started writing an AutoHotKey script to perform this mapping, but I did not complete it. AutoHotKey is a difficult tool to understand (well, it is for me :confused:). If you are already an AutoHotKey expert, this might be worth trying. If you have never used AutoHotKey before, forget it -- it is too difficult. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The Hama/Ortek remote does not transmit signals compatible with the RC6 protocol
    Ok, then it is necessary to use the IRSS with the Hama remote... A really complicated thing but doable. But don't ask me how.. I never had any issues as I'm only using two original Microsoft receivers since more than 10 years now. Those receivers are working ootb with every software I know and without any configuration. Really Plug'n'Play at it's best. It's the oldest piece of PC hardware I own and I don't feel any need to exchange them today or in future (as long as they are not broken).

Generally spoken. RC6 receivers are working ootb in MP2 without any user interaction. All other remotes that are not fully MCE (aka RC6) compatible are needing the IRSS. This suite should support nearly every remote that is available on the market.

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @CyberSimian @Lehmden Ok I got it. On the MCE compatibility side, the HAMA remote is crap :(
    I guess I find a way to use it (currently I have 3 of them), and I will post a detailed post of my results.
    I still think the remote itself is quite solid, so I definetly give it a try.
    And if nothing else helps, I'll code a tool or an MP2 plugin by my self to get it working.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And if nothing else helps, I'll code a tool or an MP2 plugin by my self to get it working.
    Lucky that you can.

As I don't need something like this I didn't follow the development in this area that much, but afair there are thoughts to port the new "General HID" support from MP1 to MP2. Maybe this can be a point to start for you as well...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Maybe take a look here: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...ut/MceRemoteReceiver/eHomeTransceiverList.xml. Maybe there is only some hardware id missing?
    The name "eHome Infrared Transceiver" usually signifies an IR receiver that uses the RC6 protocol and understands MCE signals. The Hama receiver does neither, so the lack of support is (probably) not as simple as a missing id in an xml file. :(

To get the Hama remote to work, MP2 needs to add the processing that is enabled by the "Sceneo" tab in the "Remotes" section of MP1 config.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is the Hama remote supported by IRSS? If so, I would say we can simply use the IRSS, because MP2 has a client plugin for it contained already.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Is the Hama remote supported by IRSS? If so, I would say we can simply use the IRSS, because MP2 has a client plugin for it contained already.
    I have never used IRSS, so don't know whether it would work with the Hama remote. This is possibly something for @osre to explore.

If it turns out that some sort of IRSS config file is required to enable the Hama remote to work with MP2, the config file probably ought to be included in the MP2 distribution (so that the Hama can work "straight out of the box").

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom