MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2015-11-07) (1 Viewer)

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Within Media sources configuration, is Setup default sources.
    Default Media Source 01.jpg
    1-No help texts for anything on left side menus there-for
    2-Clicking Setup default sources adds a users shares with No Verification first, once you click this button they are added.
    C:/Users/breese/Music
    C:/Users/breese/Videos
    C:/Users/breese/Pictures

While you can see the addition of these shares, there is also the addition
    of the Blue Info button on the upper right of the screen
    Default Media Source 02.jpg

Clicking the Blue Info button steps you thru the Info of Start and Stop of Each Share that was added.
    Default Media Source 03.jpg

If there is a notification function for Defaults, why not a completion notification of any other import?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    After an import of Movies..
    2st time going into Movies and or Videos, the default filter / sort is Genre
    Within each, making a change to short / filter to Show All results in an error in the log

[2015-11-08 07:40:12,292] [82857755] [InputMgr ] [INFO ] - WorkflowManager: Trying to show screen 'VideoFilterByGenre'...
    [2015-11-08 07:40:12,359] [82857822] [InputMgr ] [INFO ] - WorkflowManager: Screen 'VideoFilterByGenre' successfully shown
    [2015-11-08 07:40:20,155] [82865619] [AMQ 'ScreenManager'] [WARN ] - ScreenManager.DoCloseDialogs: Dialog to close with dialog instance id '8a6079f5-5b04-45fd-9566-d9ca6a44c2c7' was not found on the dialog stack

[2015-11-08 07:42:20,132] [82985596] [InputMgr ] [INFO ] - WorkflowManager: Trying to show screen 'VideoFilterByGenre'...
    [2015-11-08 07:42:20,183] [82985647] [InputMgr ] [INFO ] - WorkflowManager: Screen 'VideoFilterByGenre' successfully shown
    [2015-11-08 07:42:26,968] [82992432] [AMQ 'ScreenManager'] [WARN ] - ScreenManager.DoCloseDialogs: Dialog to close with dialog instance id '3df476f5-6c7b-4903-baad-eecd26aed4c7' was not found on the dialog stack

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    TV Program Search only works when starting with the First Word in the Actual Program name
    Here you can see the program The green hornet
    TV Program Search 01.jpg

Searching for hornet does not work
    TV Program Search 02.jpg

Searching for green does not work
    TV Program Search 03.jpg

Searching with The Gre finally gives enough into to locate The green hornet
    TV Program Search 04.jpg

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Movie search (unlike TV program search) searches the entire DB and gives hits on anything and everything associated to the word/s being searched.
    Movie Search.jpg

Problem is the only way out from this screen is Choose one and it start or
    Back to Home. There is no function to go back into the Movies Listings

EDIT: Audio seaches do the same as Movie searches

Last edited:

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is exactly the same as in MP1. And here nothing will change (Code freeze) as long as the TVE 3.5 isn't ready. (And as far as I know the development status of TVE 3.5 the configuration program is still the same for TVE 3.5, so not much hope of ever getting it better). I agree, the TV setup is a pain in the A... But after the "death" of WMC MP is still the most easy to setup TV solution. TVHeadend or MythTV or similar are a thousand times more complicated to setup than MP.
    You may read some forum postings or the wiki how to setup TV in MP...
    I knwo that for TVE 3.0 there will nothing change, and that 3.5 is a more under the hood change. But may be for future releases I wanted to make some suggestions.
    May be some kind of 1st installation wizzard like MCE has:
    Select satelite -> Scan -> select favorites -> select EPG options -> select recording and timeshift options
    I guess for unexperienced starters this would be an more easy startup.

The Hama Remote is well known for being nasty. It calls itself MCE comnpatible, but it isn't. It's simply crap. Grab yourself 10 Bucks and buy a really compatible RC6 receiver and all remote issues are gone.
    I actually like this remote. Even the mouse emulation is quite useable.
    I this RC6 receiver fully compatible (with HAMA remote and MP2), even with the mouse emulation?

Channel numbers are not supported in MP2 atm. And I really don't miss them at all. But the rest is shown for sure: This includes season and episodes numbers, if your EPG source has this information
    The channel name was not displays in the BlueVision OSD, the EPG was fine.
    The first issue I've never seen anywhere, The second one is fixed with this build. I was waiting a very long time to get this
    Did you configure folders for Recordings and Timeshifting?
    If these are not configured, you will have all kinds of issues.... these are configured the same as in MP1
    working so I'm definitely sure it now is working. The third issue was fixed some builds ago, prior to the Summer15 build. Never saw it again later.
    In TVE I saw the recording, where I could delete it.
    After adding the recording folder to the media libraries I could see the recording too.
    And the folders for recording and timeshifting were already preset in TVE to "users/public/Recorded TV" nothing to do here, but I had to add this one to the media libraries
    I gues we need a 1st time setup wizzard for TVE and MP2 server (may be integrated in the client).
    Ideally this would be a single wizzard which pops up on the client when started the 1st time.

I need to play around a bit more to see what are my faults and where are some issues with MP2/TVE.

Another question:
    Does TVE handle shutdown prevention on recordings, use away mode when power button is pressed during a recording and schedule wakeups for planned recordings?

Another suggestion:
    for series recordings the "Always on this channel" should be the top most selection. At least this option is the best one I think.
    And I really like the three state recording in EPG with Remote recording button: record once -> record series -> do not record.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And the folders for recording and timeshifting were already preset in TVE to "users/public/Recorded TV" nothing to do here, but I had to add this one to the media libraries
    The recording folder(s) are added automatically to the ML the first time you save the TV configuration. So no need to add them manually later...

I gues we need a 1st time setup wizzard for TVE and MP2 server
    Agree.

(may be integrated in the client).
    Here I don't agree. You can not configure the TV Part from inside the Client. This is technically impossible as the TVE did not allow configuration over the Network. And if you want to configure the TV Part from inside the MP2 client you need to do so over the network..

RC6 receiver fully compatible (with HAMA remote and MP2)
    With MP2 definitely. But with the Hama... I really don't know...

The channel name was not displays in the BlueVision OSD
    Oh, I misunderstood... This is by design as the channel logo is displayed so the channel name is obsolete. Only an issue if your TV settings.are not finished and/or incomplete. Channel logos are downloaded from the MP Webserver completely without any user interaction. But this can take some minutes...

Does TVE handle shutdown prevention on recordings, use away mode when power button is pressed during a recording and schedule wakeups for planned recordings?
    This is achieved by the PowerScheduler TV-Server Plugin. Same as in MP1.

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The recording folder(s) are added automatically to the ML the first time you save the TV configuration. So no need to add them manually later...
    For some reason there was not a single media source added in my installation !?
    Here I don't agree. You can not configure the TV Part from inside the Client. This is technically impossible as the TVE did not allow configuration over the Network. And if you want to configure the TV Part from inside the MP2 client you need to do so over the network..
    If it's technically not possible, then not in the client.
    Oh, I misunderstood... This is by design as the channel logo is displayed so the channel name is obsolete. Only an issue if your TV settings.are not finished and/or incomplete. Channel logos are downloaded from the MP Webserver completely without any user interaction. But this can take some minutes...
    Channel logos where not yet downloaded at that time.
    May be the name should be used as a fallback if no logo is available.
    So it looked like a UI bug.

For everything else: Thank you so far.

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    there is a notification function for Defaults, why not a completion notification of any other import?
    Default Sources are Client-MediaSources (not Server-MediaSources). For Client-MediaSources there was always a notification when an Import started and finished. For Server-MediaSources there is currently no notification. Reason is that Client-MediaSources are imported by the MP2-Client process; there is a "message" sent in this process which Triggers the notifications.
    There is also a message sent in the MP2-Server process for Server-MediaSources, but These Messages always stay within the same process (i.e. here in the Server), which is why there is no notification in the MP2-Client about imports (i.e. Messages) in the MP2-Server.
    To link MP2-Server with MP2-Client, we would Need to use UPnP to Transfer that message - and AFAIR, this hasn't been done yet.
    (answer from the top of my head - didn't really check this in code ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom