MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2015-11-21) (2 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Additionally I have since some month some problems, which are unfortunately not recorded in the log files.
    When I press the power button in MP2, MP2 sometimes completely gets frozen. Even with Task Manager I need several attempts until the process can be stopped.
    So I'm not the only one with this issue. For me it seems to be an issue of the workflow manager as in Logs it says screen sucessfully created but in GUI it isn't the case. And then MP2 client exe freezes with 50% CPU load (on my quad core i5)...

By the way, I have changed back to the previous Weekly build as this one has too much more or less small issues. The last one is working better a lot, at least here on my system. As soon as I find the time I will generate a proper report with logs and screenshots showing the issues. Hope I can do this today evening, but not sure.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have you checked the Application and System Event logs for the exception error.
    That is where I find most of them...
    if it really is the same issue that I have, there is nothing. Logs simply stopping without any error messages, Event logs stay clean...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Have you changed the loggging level from INFO to ALL?
    If you look at post #12, I reported a lot of issues with this version.
    Would not be suprised to learn there are more....

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard, IIRC the only change regarding skin engine is your rework of fanart source building. Can you imagine any possible performance issue there?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I use the update1 build and the gui also feels a bit choppy to me. Could it be related to the skin sound?!

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard, IIRC the only change regarding skin engine is your rework of fanart source building. Can you imagine any possible performance issue there?
    I had the problems already before last changes, I think since SR U1 as far as I can remember. I first thought it's because of Windows10, but faced the same with Windows8.1

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you say if it is skin depending? This would also help to narrow it down...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom