MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2015-11-21) (1 Viewer)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just checked the changes between Summer15 and Update 1:
    I started using MP2 with update1 on my productive system, so I don't have a comparison if this issue was already present before. Sorry for not being clear.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Her as promised some of the issues I have with the latest Weekly... Most of them seems to be Skin or Theme related
    Lets start with the series details view: With the previous Weekly it's (correctly) looking like this:
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

and here the same view with this Weekly:
    Zwischenablage-3.jpg

It's with Windows 10 theme as default did not show Posters in this view at all...

In Cloudy Theme (or if I use the Win10 Theme from the previous Weekly) the help texts are showing off one level too low. So here has something changed in handling of those texts that I need to find out before I can continue the work on my theme..
    Zwischenablage-4.jpg

Most of the time the headline on top is showing the wrong string.
    Zwischenablage-5.jpg

This is at least theme independent:
    Zwischenablage-6.jpg

Right as I wanted to change the Log level from Info to ALL the first crash got me:
    Zwischenablage-7.jpg

The first set of attached log files are captured directly after this crash.

Then after I changed the Log level I've tried to play another media. Thsi was working. But as soon as I wanted to leave the client another crash happens. This time I did not have a screenshot, but the crash is captured in the second logs set.

Also the level was set to "ALL" the log ends only with this:
    [2015-11-26 17:04:08,118] [181563 ] [InputMgr ] [INFO ] - WorkflowManager: Trying to open dialog screen 'dialogSystemState'...
    [2015-11-26 17:04:08,126] [181571 ] [InputMgr ] [INFO ] - WorkflowManager: Screen 'dialogSystemState' successfully shown
    But of course the "dialogSystemState" screen wasn't shown at all.

Can you say if it is skin depending?
    I've just tried it with Titanium and I can not reproduce it instantly. Need to investigate further. I will use Titanium this evening with this Weekly build. If I find no such issues then it probably can be a BlueVision depending issue...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think it's something with the MenuModel, because with last 2 weekly builds it got worse. Play a MI and the GroupMenu is partly flickering and the focus is jumping to wrong places sometimes. But this is only my guess, I have no idea about the code behind :)

How about the refresh interval of the recent MI in home screen. Is it always happening in the background and could cause this?
    I think I'll try to eliminate it once and see.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I traced the MP2-Client when I changed the group tabs. On thing that I've spot is the delay in Texture allocation:
    upload_2015-11-26_18-51-20.png

Then I've looked for the tile images. The majority has 1920x1080 dimension for the tiles, no matter how big they are used. I resized the ones from "video" tab and the switching time to this group is less.

So I think the usage of too many "high res" textures is the limiting factor here.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Then I've looked for the tile images. The majority has 1920x1080 dimension for the tiles, no matter how big they are used. I resized the ones from "video" tab and the switching time to this group is less.

So I think the usage of too many "high res" textures is the limiting factor here.
    Hmm, I have tried once without seeing an effect. I'll try once again to be sure. Maybe I have not done for all pictures consequently.
    Going to report the result later.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In Cloudy Theme (or if I use the Win10 Theme from the previous Weekly) the help texts are showing off one level too low. So here has something changed in handling of those texts that I need to find out before I can continue the work on my theme..
    This is something you need to change for your theme. Go to constants.xaml, I added a resource for the margins.
    Based on Morpheus_xx feedbacks, I have added more resources and will continue to "improve" the code, so that for themes new code is minimized and most things can be changed by constants.xaml and colors.xaml without seeing the other code.
    Just not sure, if my changes were already included in last weekly. In worst case you have to take the new code from Github or wait for next weekly.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, I have tried once without seeing an effect. I'll try once again to be sure. Maybe I have not done for all pictures consequently.
    Going to report the result later.
    I've tested it and it's really much much better (y)
    There was one tile picture with a resolution of 5000x4xxx as png file.
    The picture was so large, that photoshop went to a zoom factor of 16% and it seemed smaller than the other pictures. Just bringing the large picture back makes MP2 stuck shortly when it's entering the related group, so there is a clear correlation. Even though it's much better, not 100% yet. A little bit more fine tuning and things will look very well!

EDIT: After also shrinking the tiles images of all plugins it's again better. I can at least live with it now. Going to push the changes later :)

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    Yesterday evening while using Titanium skin I did not got any crashes, so the chance is good that the crashes are BlueVision related... I will try it further, but I like to have BV back. Titanium really is not my taste...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Go to constants.xaml, I added a resource for the margins.
    Are you sure this has something to do with the margin? Maybe I did not make myself understandable enough. What I mean was the following... When I'm on top level of the menu structure there should be the help texts, but they aren't like you can see in this screenshot:
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

The texts that should appear there are only shown once I've go one step further into e.G. the series view like you can see on the second screenshot:
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

Also all is possible, I hardly can imagine this is a result of altered margin settings...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you sure this has something to do with the margin? Maybe I did not make myself understandable enough. What I mean was the following... When I'm on top level of the menu structure there should be the help texts, but they aren't like you can see in this screenshot:
    I understood it different before. Do you have a Multidetails.xaml in your theme folder? If yes, it should be deleted, so the one from default theme is used.
    If you don't have it, then I can also not say why this is so. You would need to upload the latest files and I can have a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom