MediaPortal 2 Weekly snapshot (2016-05-29) (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is a development build based upon the the "Spring '16 Release".

Main changes compared to Spring '16 Release are (grey points where available in previous development snapshots already):
    • Skin engine:
      • Added support for Text trimming (thanks @Brownard)
      • Fix for registration of routed events (thanks @Brownard)
      • Added support for smooth scrolling (thanks @Brownard)
    • Players:
      • Added support for Closed Captions in video players
      • Rearranged some settings (removed "DvdPlayer" section, moved entries to generic "Video Player" part)
      • Added support for ComSkip in VideoPlayer
      • Prepare rendering for multi-plane video players (for BD Player integration)
    • TV:
      • Improved navigation inside EpgGrid when moving up/down through programs
    • Media Library:
      • Added quick "remote filters" inside all media views like in Moving Pictures, "starts with" and "contains" filters (number keys, (, *, #, §, Escape)
      • Hide "Series" and "Movies" from "Videos" section, also "Recordings"
      • Extended search screens to use fast attribute based search (instead of global approach)
    • Updates and fixes for SlimTV / TVE 3:
      • Add support for zapping by channel index or logical number (configurable by user)
    • Skins:
      • Removed "Titanium" skin, added "Titanium Extended" theme

If you experience errors, please post logfiles here. A link to Log Collector can be found on your Desktop and Start Menu!

Download link

@Testers , @Developers , @Designers

Please post feedback!

Last edited:

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This install gave me a huge number of issues.
    I nailed down my 5 Blue Screens to the server side....

Right after installing the Client/Server, I started getting Blue Screen reboots and going thru the Event Logs I found a number of applications that have been on my server for a very log time had failed.

When I went to Uninstall MP2, the uninstaller did not remove MP2 BUT, Windows programs and applications did not show MP2 as being installed.
    I tried to rerun the MP2 installer, and it did not see MP2 as installed Yet, in Task Manager everything was running!
    I then ran the Prior Weekly install and while it did Finally manage to install, it had a Critical Failure and then Uninstalled everything.
    It was only this method that allowed me to remove MP2.
    The included Rollback log might give an added clue to what all was giving this install an issue.

Weekly 2016-05-29.zip = Original Install Log With Exceptions

Attachments

• Weekly 2016-05-29.zip
      998.7 KB
    • Crash_29.05.2016_1016.zip
      44.1 KB

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Follow-up sense yesterday....
    Sense removing this version I have not had a single failure of my server (no blue screens).
    This morning I have re-installed the 5/2/2016 and everything is running as expected.

On my client only system (Sylvester), I have not had any issues with the release. Whatever happened with this version on my server must be server side related.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just a note: this build doesn't contain changes in core parts nor installer, but only EpgGrid and VideoPlayer.
    So I believe that your experienced issues are not related to feature changes in this installer. But I also have no idea why you got this problems. Blue screens can be caused by drivers, especially TV card (as it happened to your server). The installer runs, it ends the MP2-Server/TVE3. Could a TV card have been busy (recording/timeshifting) while you updated?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Spoke to soon...
    It is starting to appear there might be an issue with UPnP.
    2 weeks ago I got a new LG 4K TV and installed the LG Smart Suite software. Sense installing this UPnP software I have not messed with MP2. Now it seems when I start the MP2 Client installed on the server, the server blue screens no matter what version of MP2 I have installed.

What do I need to do in order to remove the UPnP code from MP2?
    This would help me to confirm this is the current issue.

Also, I have discovered that any movies in the MP2 database cannot be moved out of that folder Until I stop the MP2 server service.
    I do not remember having this problem before so it could just be my memory

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Installation was without issues, logs attached.

Navigation in EPG is much better now.

Closed captions seems to work too. But probably not on all channels. I've tested it on ZDF_neo HD (Midsummer Murders) - OK, Vox (Marley & Me) - OK but Arte HD (My Childhood) - Fail. Here (Arte HD) are three cc shown for selection (deu, fra, deu2) but none of them is working. It could be movie related and no failure of MP at all as this movie is "OmU" means original language (Scottish) with "burned in" subtitles...

The other (working) stations only had one CC (deu) for selection...

Attachments

• MP2-Setup.7z
      864.6 KB

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

one question: how can I invoke the remote filtering menu? Under the menu item 'Filter' I do not see where I could configure something like filtering from A-Z for example.

Cheers

Blue Max

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

one question: how can I invoke the remote filtering menu? Under the menu item 'Filter' I do not see where I could configure something like filtering from A-Z for example.

Cheers

Blue Max
    because this should be in "sorting by title"

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    remote filtering menu?
    I also had to fiddle until I found out how this is working... ;)
    First, there is no menu for this. Second, it's only working with Remote. If you are using keyboard the press of a letter set the focus to the first list item starting with this letter. If no such entry exists, nothing happens. On remote there are two ways how it can work. And to get it working in general you need to enable the "SMS style" in the settings first.

If you press a number all entries containing one of the letters assigned to this number (SMS style) are kept in the list. Now you can press the second number and the list only contains all entries containing a possible combination of those two "numbers".
    Example... First you press "3" so the list contains every entry containing 3, D, E or F in the name. Second press is "2" so now the list only contains entries with 32, 3A, 3B, 3C, D2, DA, DB, DC, E2, EA, EB, EC, F2, FA, FB or FC in the name. The third press will bring you most often very close to where you want to already. Writing (and even reading) this is much more complicated than using it.
    Very intuitive once you've got a first idea about it. If you want to list all "Terminator" movies you can press 8, 3, 7, 6 and most likely only the "Terminator" movies are left in the list. If not you can go on with pressing 4, 6, 2, 8, 6, 7 as long as you need to narrow the list to what you want.

You can change the "remote filtering" to the "starts with" behavior that is similar to the keyboard function. The switch is done by pressing "0" on the remote. Then "3" will set the focus to entries starting with 3. Next press on "3" sets the focus to the first entry starting with "D", next press is for "E" als the fourth press is for "F" exactly the same as typing SMS without "auto correction"...

riggnix

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi.
    remote filtering menu?
    I also had to fiddle until I found out how this is working... ;)
    First, there is no menu for this. Second, it's only working with Remote. If you are using keyboard the press of a letter set the focus to the first list item starting with this letter. If no such entry exists, nothing happens. On remote there are two ways how it can work. And to get it working in general you need to enable the "SMS style" in the settings first.

If you press a number all entries containing one of the letters assigned to this number (SMS style) are kept in the list. Now you can press the second number and the list only contains all entries containing a possible combination of those two "numbers".
    Example... First you press "3" so the list contains every entry containing 3, D, E or F in the name. Second press is "2" so now the list only contains entries with 32, 3A, 3B, 3C, D2, DA, DB, DC, E2, EA, EB, EC, F2, FA, FB or FC in the name. The third press will bring you most often very close to where you want to already. Writing (and even reading) this is much more complicated than using it.
    Very intuitive once you've got a first idea about it. If you want to list all "Terminator" movies you can press 8, 3, 7, 6 and most likely only the "Terminator" movies are left in the list. If not you can go on with pressing 4, 6, 2, 8, 6, 7 as long as you need to narrow the list to what you want.

You can change the "remote filtering" to the "starts with" behavior that is similar to the keyboard function. The switch is done by pressing "0" on the remote. Then "3" will set the focus to entries starting with 3. Next press on "3" sets the focus to the first entry starting with "D", next press is for "E" als the fourth press is for "F" exactly the same as typing SMS without "auto correction"...

I think it should at least work the same on keyboard and remote. Maybe there could be multiple implementations (setting)? I really like the "starts with" logic on the keyboard, but a nice addition would be to support more than just the first letter. E.g. for movies starting with "T" it's not that practical, because there are a lot of movies starting with "The" ;) But I guess that's a feature request.

The SMS-style remote filtering is also nice I guess. I haven't used it yet (no remote), but I'm sure a lot of people like it. I think default behavior "with auto-correct" makes more sense, because it's less key presses but still very intuitive. But maybe there could be a setting. Also, it would be pretty cool to combine this with the "multiple letters" thing I mentioned above.

So there's a lot of room to improve :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom