MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (5 Viewers)

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Folks,
    I've been using this for a while now and everything is pretty god for me. The one thing I have noticed though is that the start of audio playback seems to be delayed for a while when I start to play after having the playback on pause. Does anyone else notice this? Is this to be expected? I don't remember this happening with standard MP?

Thanks

Andy

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Folks,
    I've been using this for a while now and everything is pretty god for me. The one thing I have noticed though is that the start of audio playback seems to be delayed for a while when I start to play after having the playback on pause. Does anyone else notice this? Is this to be expected? I don't remember this happening with standard MP?

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/673994-post948.html

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ah thanks, I should have found that myself! I agree that it's not a big issue... Interesting that you don't get it on a skip... I wonder what would happen if after pause you skipped forward/backwards a very small amount

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

tourettes
    would it be possible to let the audio start fastser again after a format change appears? using the default renderer switching from 5.1 to 2.0 (starting ads while watching tv or so) results only in a really short break. When using MP audio renderer it would result in 1-2 missing seconds in audio. So mostly i lost the last 1-3 words in a tv show before commercials are starting.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Ah thanks, I should have found that myself! I agree that it's not a big issue... Interesting that you don't get it on a skip... I wonder what would happen if after pause you skipped forward/backwards a very small amount

I (or anyone else) wont get it on a skip because the whole directshow graph behavior is different. On a seek the whole buffered data in directshow (outside the audio renderer as well) is dropped and it doesn't matter than the audio samples are lost since the graph is providing those when playback is starting again after the new position is found.

Resume from pause and then making a minor skip would "workaround" around that issue, but it is a really bad hack and I wont implement such (after all audio rendeer shouldn't change the playback position at all).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

@tourettes
    would it be possible to let the audio start fastser again after a format change appears? using the default renderer switching from 5.1 to 2.0 (starting ads while watching tv or so) results only in a really short break. When using MP audio renderer it would result in 1-2 missing seconds in audio. So mostly i lost the last 1-3 words in a tv show before commercials are starting.

Currently no, see -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/673994-post948.html it is basicly the same issue.

We could reduce the soundtouch buffer amount, but it would make the renderer less glitch resistant as well. Better to fix the issue correctly when the new audio pipeline is ready (arion has been working on that, but now he is quite busy so we dont have any estimate when it could be ready).

Truri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

Megaupload seems to have some problems these days.
    File should now be working again...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

Megaupload seems to have some problems these days.
    File should now be working again...

Still the same issue, not able to download it. Could someone who has access to that file upload it to:

Address: ftp.team-mediaportal.com
    Login: tsdump@team-mediaportal.com
    Password: mpuser88

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom