MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (7 Viewers)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

Megaupload seems to have some problems these days.
File should now be working again...

Still the same issue, not able to download it. Could someone who has access to that file upload it to:

Address: ftp.team-mediaportal.com
Login: tsdump@team-mediaportal.com
Password: mpuser88

WMA 6CH 48000hz - The Dark Knight 2008.wmv
uploading now

DONE

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

WMA 6CH 48000hz - The Dark Knight 2008.wmv
    uploading now

I can reproduce the issue, seems to be related to the IMediaSeeking implementation that is not complete on audio renderer's side. To me it looks like a codec bug since audio renderer is correctly returning the E_NOTIMPL to show that the interface implementation is not complete. Not sure if there is any other way to workaround that than to provide the full implementation of that seeking interface :(

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi tourettes,

I am also a happy user of this great audio renderer.
    I have a question and could not find the answer in the thread or the first post. What speeds can this audiorenderer adjust?
    Have seen 23.97fps to 25fps to 50hz display. But can it do 29.97 to this 50hz display also? I have a 720p mpeg video (toy story 1 and 2) 29.97fps and i see the renderer does nothing with it. Shift+1 shows 29.97-30.00 fps.

Greetings,

Wouter

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Hi tourettes,

I am also a happy user of this great audio renderer.
    I have a question and could not find the answer in the thread or the first post. What speeds can this audiorenderer adjust?
    Have seen 23.97fps to 25fps to 50hz display. But can it do 29.97 to this 50hz display also? I have a 720p mpeg video (toy story 1 and 2) 29.97fps and i see the renderer does nothing with it. Shift+1 shows 29.97-30.00 fps.

You can control the speed up / slow down limits by following two registry settings:

MaxBias

Maximum allowed speed that the playback can reach, this value is divided with 10000 to get the real value. Default value is 11000 (1.1x) - 10% speed up at maximum.

MinBias

Minimum allowed speed for the playback, this value is divided with 10000 to get the real value. Default value is 9000 (0.9x) - 10% speed down at maximum.

Slowing down 29.97 to 25 is quite big step, so it would make the movie itself look quite bad / strange.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the reply Tourettes, i'll try that, or else i have to use the refreshrate changer in MP for that to switch to 60hz and do it from that point. My plasma can do both.
    I read something about telecine is that not usable for translating 29.97 to 25 ?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Thanks for all the work Tourettes. 99% of all files play perfect now!

I have one one 'issue' remaining. I own a WMV file (Dark Knight) which contains:
    Format : WMA3
    Format profile : M2
    Codec ID : 162
    Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Audio 3
    Description of the codec : Windows Media Audio 10 Professional - 768 kbps, 48 kHz, 5.1 channel 24 bit 1-pass CBR
    Duration : 2h 32mn
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 768 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Resolution : 24 bits

When I select Mediaportal Audio Renderer, it always starts from the beginning. FF/RWD is not possible as well.
    When I select any other renderer (Xonar in my case) all is fine and it does FF/RWD as well.
    Is this an issue cause by the renderer which can be fixed or something else?

Here's a audio renderer binary that should fix the issue (duration should be now reported correctly with audio decoder's who don't understand what not implemented means :D))

Please test and report for two things:

1) no new issues are seen (seeking or duration related, others shouldn't be result of the fix)
    2) duration is working ok for files that contain WMA3 audio

Log will contain following information to identify the correct binary being in use:
    MP Audio Renderer - v0.994 - duration test

If the testing goes well I'll release this binary as version 20 (unless something critical pops up before that).

Attachments

• mpaudiorenderer_WMA3.zip
      142.1 KB

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    tourettes,

I will test tonight. Any special cases youd like me to test? DVD/TV/Video rates? Is there perhapes a kind of 'standard' test set available?

Truri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

Seeking and duration are working now :)

I will report if there are any "new" problems.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I will test tonight. Any special cases youd like me to test? DVD/TV/Video rates? Is there perhapes a kind of 'standard' test set available?

Test as much as possible. But at least few different audio formats and skipping / seeking in those - different video rates doesn't need to be tested.

Truri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

I had used the test version yesterday evening with many different filetypes/refreshrates.
    No problems :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom