MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality (3 Viewers)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

thanks tourettes - switched away from rtsp now everything working fine.

Today i had a problem with the mpaudiorenderer getting buffer underruns on one channel. All other channels were working fine and also the picture is still running fine. Any idea?

Audio decoder is sending the samples too late to the renderer (the samples are detected to be lates as soon as the renderer first receives the samples). Please post a full log (now the audio decoder etc. information is missing).

One reason could be that you are using ffdshow and audio delay for example in that. Also you could try to lower the WASAPI buffer side on audio renderer's settings (althou it is only 50 ms and samples are more late than that).

It could be also wrongly muxed stream that has the audio data late (especially since it happens only on some specific channel). Normal renderer's will probably ignore such errors. For MP audio renderer ignoring the late samples is not possible for two reasons 1) A/V sync would be messed up 2) real dropped data cannot be detected properly.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

Yes i'm using ffdshow but haven't set any delay at all in this case. Will check that again.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

Yes i'm using ffdshow but haven't set any delay at all in this case. Will check that again.

If you can upload a sample TS I can try to reproduce the issue.

Truri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal Audio renderer - better video playback quality

I only want to give a short update.
    My refreshrate problem wasn't comeplety gone.

Now I have installed my system from scratch and all is ok.

Sadly I don't know what was the real fault...
    At least at the moment latest SAF is running without problems. So that wasn't the reason.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Just by curiosity, is the version 18 the one used by default in MP 1.2 alpha?

No. MP Audio Renderer is not currently included in MP1 at all (and most likely wont be included in MP1 but instead only in MP2).

Phiolin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've been using MP Audio renderer (v18) for a while now, maybe around 50-60 viewing hours.
    So far I can say I've not yet encountered a single issue.
    Playback of various material and TV is as smooth as it can possibly get, which is especially amazing as my plasma has no 24hz support, so it's usually set to 50hz for 24p material.

Using SAF5 btw, mostly with ffdshow for everything.

What can I say, it seems to be a great addition to MP. Good job! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom