MediaPortal Audio Renderer (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I have one test request. Please try to find as big DevicePeriod setting / value that your HW supports (400 ms on Nvidia GPU) and then try to see if there is A/V sync issue (I would expect the audio to be roughly the 400 ms late if that was the biggest DevicePeriod that works).

PLease report if the A/V sync is correct or not. And then do the same testing with the attached MPAR binary.

Attachments

• mpaudiorenderer_av_sync_test.zip
      1.4 MB

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did some testing with an ATi HD5770 + LAV 0.50.5 (no dxva).
    DevicePeriod set @ 500ms (Max working setting)

First test with MPAR from v1.3Alpha testbuild was A/V out-of-sync (Audio is late).
    Second test was with the attached MPAR_av_sync_test which (at first) gave the same results. But when i used a few skip steps it seemed to get in sync better, but i still didn't have a complete A/V sync (as compared to dsound).

Tested with Beyoncé disc.

Attachments

• DevicePeriod 5000000 - MPAR 1.3.0Alpha_testing.rar
      549.4 KB
    • DevicePeriod 5000000 - MPAR_av_sync_test.rar
      16.8 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Since this in in 1.3.0alpha, the thread prefix should be set to 'finished' ?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think there is some work to do for MP 1.3.0 BETA? (e.g. Xonar fixes?)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Tourettes, i found one trouble movie. It's Tangled (Rapunzel) and reports 26+ fps instead of 25 in the shift+! field. No dropped frames just sawtooth red line.
    LAV as prefered decoders. Logs attached. Any clue?

What EVR stats are showing as fps if you don't use MPAR? Logs didn't give any clues why such would happen.

Hi Tourettes, i think i've found something. I played the file using Directsound instead of MPaudiorenderer and found out it was silkysmooth at 25fps, but original framerate stated 23.976 fps. That was realy strange so i checked the mediainfo of this movie compared to a "normal" 23.976 fps movie.

Tangled Video:
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Duration : 1h 36mn
    Bit rate : 8 500 Kbps
    Width : 1 876 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 25.000 fps
    Original frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive

Other Video:
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Duration : 4h 23mn
    Bit rate : 8 599 Kbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 800 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive

Could it be that mpaudiorenderer has a problem with the "frame rate" value, as that is the only difference i see?
    If the frame rate is already 25 fps mpaudiorenderer should not act, right? Instead it looks like it's adding the difference between 23.976 and 25 to the 25fps value (26+ fps). Does this all make sense? :)

craigbeat

Portal Member
    May 15, 2007
    When using this, the video playback is near perfect on every source (DVD rips, BlueRay rips, Live TV). However, when watching live / recorded TV, the audio gradually gets worse and worse, breaking up regularly, and eventually stopping altogether. I cannot see anything in the logs to suggest why this is happening, but I dare say that it is to do with the frame rate. I have resolution / framerate switching enabled, and the sources I watch on Live TV are 25fps (Pal). The audio loses sync when watching both SD and HD channels.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Could it be that mpaudiorenderer has a problem with the "frame rate" value, as that is the only difference i see?
    If the frame rate is already 25 fps mpaudiorenderer should not act, right? Instead it looks like it's adding the difference between 23.976 and 25 to the 25fps value (26+ fps). Does this all make sense? :)

Highly likely. Audio renderer isn't able to analyze the fps in any way - it will just trust what the EVR presenters tells to it. Currently the EVR presenter is using the incoming fps information so if the source filter resports something incorrect the behavior you are seeing is more than likely to happen :)

Currently there is no plans for changing the EVR presenter side to report the rendering fps to audio renderer since it has it's own issues when trying to detect such... Maybe Tony has some free time later this year to take a peek into it :)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Highly likely. Audio renderer isn't able to analyze the fps in any way - it will just trust what the EVR presenters tells to it. Currently the EVR presenter is using the incoming fps information so if the source filter resports something incorrect the behavior you are seeing is more than likely to happen :)

Currently there is no plans for changing the EVR presenter side to report the rendering fps to audio renderer since it has it's own issues when trying to detect such... Maybe Tony has some free time later this year to take a peek into it :)

Ok thanks Tourettes, nice to see i can be of help. I'll try to ask Tony nicely :)

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Tourettes. I have a problem with MPAR configured with Xonar.
    If I start for the first time a multimedia file it work . on second time It take a long time and sometimes not start at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom