MediaPortal Audio Renderer (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Try : ReleaseDeviceOnStop set to 1 to see if it make difference :)
    Yes. it worked. Thanks

ReleaseDeviceOnStop is a workaround for older than 1.3.0 alpha (or BD branch builds). With 1.3.0 alpha and later you wont need to have that setting enabled. It is simply a hack to overcome few bugs in MP's DS graph & resource handling.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    ReleaseDeviceOnStop is a workaround for older than 1.3.0 alpha (or BD branch builds). With 1.3.0 alpha and later you wont need to have that setting enabled. It is simply a hack to overcome few bugs in MP's DS graph & resource handling.

Is it possible to have an update in the first post with the last MPAR and the last evr renderer from 1.3.0 Alpha to use with previous version as mine (1.2.2)?
    Or I have to use last Xonar_v1 yet?

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    regarding my drifting issues.
    here's a log + screenshots (15 mins apart approx.)

first desynch spotted at around 12:17, where I took the 1st screendump.
    the next screendump was 12:35

i didnt watch the video like a hog, so the desynch might have happened some minutes before 12:17.

/gibman

Attachments

• out of synch1.png
      out of synch1.png
      1.7 MB
    • out of synch2.png
      out of synch2.png
      2.3 MB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Is it possible to have an update in the first post with the last MPAR and the last evr renderer from 1.3.0 Alpha to use with previous version as mine (1.2.2)?
    Or I have to use last Xonar_v1 yet?

Not possible, EVR from alpha is not compatible with older MP version.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @ Red5 and Tourettes,

During the last week I got complaints from my wife and kid. I didnt see anything at first but now I see the same issue. This is why.

When starting a DVD, all is fine. Except after 10-15 minutes the audio starts to judder and go out of sync, and after a minute its gone completely. When I skip back a little (15sec) the audio picks up again normally, but plays for 5 minutes untill the same issue occures. Again and again I can repeat this but I do get the feeling the time in between the problems shortens every time.

This is when using.
    MPAR
    SAF6.11
    DVD codec LAV 0.50.4 audio + video (Native dxva)

This problems is gone after selecting Default audio renderer.

I am very busy at the moment and the Dutch football team is playing tonight.. (not that they are any good atm) so I dont have time to produce a log right now or this evening.

@ Red5. Do you see the same result/issue?

@ Red5². The issue you had with a second time attempting playback. I experienced this as well. I totally forgot about that. But you could probably still see it in my log I had this (release device on stop (forced) enabled. I didnt think too much about this, since the first target were other problems we had. :) Sorry for not mentioning!

Last edited:

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    @ Red5 and Tourettes,
    When starting a DVD, all is fine. Except after 10-15 minutes the audio starts to judder..

Hi . Sometimes I got some kind of jerky audio on start but a stop/start is enough to solve the problem.
    Actually I've no desynch problem at all. But I don't use dvd materlal I'll try for that.

OT: Ducth and Italian footbal team both are the real huge issue right now. not MPAR:D
    However I hope Van Persie will come to my town to play with Juventus... :)

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    FINALY! After recovering from the dutch footballteam-dissapointment I managed to pull myself together again.... Ghehehe.. ;-)

OK. I tried to create a log with the sound stopping issue a number of times, but it is not reproducable very much. I heard it again this afternoon with an original DVD of some kind. So tried again, WITH luck this time.

I created a log now. Things I did and I saw.
    -Start MP, play disc.
    -Menu Start play all. (didnt hear the issue) It finished and went to dvd menu.
    -I started it again from DVD menu. Didnt hear the issue again.
    -For the third time I started it from within the DVD menu and then it started happening. Stuttering, like little parts of sound not coming through. More and more and finally no sound at all.
    -I skipped back when I heard nothing for 5-10seconds, which fixes the sound for a while. Did this a number of times. (Do not look at the first skipback, no reason for that)

Hope you do see something of a cause for what I am (not) hearing.

Keep in mind I am one of the 'lucky ones' with a Xonar card....

Last edited:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    FINALY! After recovering from the dutch footballteam-dissapointment I managed to pull myself together again.... Ghehehe.. ;-)

OK. I tried to create a log with the sound stopping issue a number of times, but it is not reproducable very much. I heard it again this afternoon with an original DVD of some kind. So tried again, WITH luck this time.

I created a log now. Things I did and I saw.
    -Start MP, play disc.
    -Menu Start play all. (didnt hear the issue) It finished and went to dvd menu.
    -I started it again from DVD menu. Didnt hear the issue again.
    -For the third time I started it from within the DVD menu and then it started happening. Stuttering, like little parts of sound not coming through. More and more and finally no sound at all.
    -I skipped back when I heard nothing for 5-10seconds, which fixes the sound for a while. Did this a number of times. (Do not look at the first skipback, no reason for that)

Hope you do see something of a cause for what I am (not) hearing.

Keep in mind I am one of the 'lucky ones' with a Xonar card....

MPAR receives the audio samples too late (bug or incompatibility with MS DVD navigator) and then it drops the late samples. Not sure why it happens. Could you try to run the same DVD with a different refresh rate?

49.996340 Hz
    Bias: 0.9999268051

Maybe the almost 1.0x bias is triggering a bug somewhere.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MPAR receives the audio samples too late (bug or incompatibility with MS DVD navigator) and then it drops the late samples. Not sure why it happens. Could you try to run the same DVD with a different refresh rate?

49.996340 Hz
    Bias: 0.9999268051

Maybe the almost 1.0x bias is triggering a bug somewhere.

Ok I did the test.
    I disabled Automatic refreshrate changer. Set the display to 60hz and let dvd play at 50hz.

The dvd I played is a childrens DVD. Its approximately 15-20 minutes long.
    From the main menu I pressed 'play all' 4 or 5 times.
    I never heared a judder or an issue. I think the log should show that.
    Ofcourse the standard judder is very noticable bacause of the 50fps/60hz mismatch, normal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom