MediaPortal Audio Renderer (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinbe

Portal Pro
December 12, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Thanks tourettes, that solved it. Not a huge problem because there's maybe one channel that uses dual audio and I pretty much never watch it.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am trying to test this but I get no registry settings to change as MediaPortal as well as Graphstudio hangs on playback when I try to use it. :( I followed the installation notes to the letter, turned off all bitstreaming in LAV (using the version included with SAF 6.09) but I can't find a setting to turn AC3 encoding on/off, is this a new/more recent feature in LAV Filters?

I've tried h264 files with AC3 (mkv) as well as xvid with mp3 (avi) with the same results. I'm on Windows XP running MePo 1.2.3 Final.

I had GS crash the first time I tried it with a mp4, but it worked the next time I tried with avi (stereo probably). Maybe you could try with MPC-HC instead, as that lets you select the audio renderer.

EDIT: Sorry, I missed that you'd tried with MP as well. Anyway, I'm using ffdshow on Win7, so perhaps try using ffdshow and see if that makes any difference.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    FFDShow doesn't work either. Is there a manual way of adding the values into my registry for it? I'd love to just get a .reg file to use so I can test further.

Thanks.
    Emph

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Thanks tourettes, that solved it. Not a huge problem because there's maybe one channel that uses dual audio and I pretty much never watch it.

I did debug that Audio Switcher issue maybe two years ago and if I remember correctly the Audio Switcher was only tying to negotiate passthru formats. I'll have a look on that issue later on (after everything else works :)).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I'm on Windows XP running MePo 1.2.3 Final.

Currently there is only support for WASAPI based renderer which is only available in Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8. Unfortunately I haven't got enough free time so that I could work on the DirectSound based rendering so at the current moment the Windows XP is not supported at all.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for that nugget, tourettes, perhaps you should add this to the first post? ;)

Emph

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tourettes, using the new renderer for a week i am seeing some problems. Watching a movie and pressing pause and then resume will get the audio out of sync or completely lost.
    What can i do to help you debug it?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Tourettes, using the new renderer for a week i am seeing some problems. Watching a movie and pressing pause and then resume will get the audio out of sync or completely lost.
    What can i do to help you debug it?

There will be soon a new test binary that is improving the A/V sync in few cases. Lets see if that helps to sort out those bugs you are seeing and if not then lets take a deeper look into the issue(s).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Just curious, has anyone else had time to test? It would be quite valuable information to know if the renderer works and if not then what issues there are.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom