MediaPortal does not llike dishNetwork Sat (1 Viewer)

tcj2001

Portal Member
September 16, 2006
When is mediaportal going to support Dishnetwork Sattelite. why it does not tune any channels. Anybody got it working, please post here.:mad:

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi tcj2001,

Please don't be surprised if you don't get any useful replies to your post - your post comes across as very rude and aggessive. A little more information (like, which country are you in?) would be helpful too......

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    If you are trying to pull down dish with a sat card.... it doesn't work. You could have saved yourself 21 words and typed in dishnetwork in the search box.... you would have found your answer.

tcj2001

Portal Member
    September 16, 2006
    I did search, and found your posting lot of time, just wondering why nobody is interested in fixig this, another problem I find with MP, when TV is on and if you click X to close MP, there is no way you can exit MP without shutting down the PC

tcj2001

Portal Member
    September 16, 2006
    Hi tcj2001,

Please don't be surprised if you don't get any useful replies to your post - your post comes across as very rude and aggessive. A little more information (like, which country are you in?) would be helpful too......

Sorry being little rude, I was expecting this to be fixed in this new release.;)

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    i think you may be actually clicking on the wrong button to exit? there is one that closes MP and there is one that shuts down the system, i think you may be clicking on the wrong one by the sounds of it

tcj2001

Portal Member
    September 16, 2006
    i think you may be actually clicking on the wrong button to exit? there is one that closes MP and there is one that shuts down the system, i think you may be clicking on the wrong one by the sounds of it

I mean by clicking the button that closes MP or Minimize to tray (if it configured to minimize to tray).

My Setup
    ASUS P5AD2 E Premuim
    500 + 160 GB HardDisk
    2 GB ram
    Pentium 4 3.4ghz
    PVR 150 TV Card
    SKYSTAR 2 DVB-S
    DIVCO Gold HDTV card
    MediaPortal 0.2.1.0
    MyTheatre

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The only changes I see are: Updated Marcel Groothuis version of the plugin to now support Media Portal 2.5 I can't say anything about the functionality of this plugin, I don't use TV Part, but if there are any changes that can be simply transferred, then I can try. But I can't give any guarantees.
    The only changes I see are: Updated Marcel Groothuis version of the plugin to now support Media Portal 2.5 I can't say anything...
    I am a long-time user of MediaPortal to watch TV. I use the Media Portal TV Server as a backend, and Kodi (previously known as...
    Replies
    Views
    Just those I attached. I messed about with task priorities MP/TV-Server/SQL-Server and the issue changed to the skin.. I would do something, but it would be 10's of seconds before the action happened. Doing an Alt-Tab would flush the actions. Too weird lol!! So, with some flak from the family, I had to give in. I just did a...
    Just those I attached. I messed about with task priorities MP/TV-Server/SQL-Server and the issue changed to the skin.. I would do...
    So, this one has me quite stumped. Have tried ) and a few things - driver updates, kicking the box, threatening it with a static...
    Replies
    Views
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
    With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.34 STB blasting for IPTV DE
    I'm downsizing my big honkin' HTPC case to a mini PC, which means the tried and true Hauppauge Colossus card that bridges the set top box into Mediaportal needs replaced with a different solution. I currently have HDMI from the STB to the colossus. Mediaportal is controlling the STB through a USBUIRT blaster and the blaster is...
    I'm downsizing my big honkin' HTPC case to a mini PC, which means the tried and true Hauppauge Colossus card that bridges the set...
    I'm downsizing my big honkin' HTPC case to a mini PC, which means the tried and true Hauppauge Colossus card that bridges the set...
    Replies
    Views
    Using version 1.32: no problems at all.
    Using version 1.32: no problems at all.
    The automatic refresh rate changeover suddenly stopped working for me. Everything worked perfectly the whole time. I didn't change...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom