[confirm] - Mediaportal has wrong size after resume | Page 2

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1.1.0 RC 1 & 2' started by zator, April 23, 2010.

1. Jay_UK
    • Team MediaPortal

Jay_UK Test Group

Enterprise Architect
    Ratings:
    +271 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Hi there,

I'm no Dev - so what I'm asking/suggesting might be poop, but is it possible to get MePo to detect screen resolution on a regular basis and then refresh/redraw itself to that resolution (if configured to run full screen, and if on the home screen)?

J.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dedi

dedi Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    or maybe keep it fix to the resolution it has after the startup?

4. alexirion
    • Premium Supporter

alexirion MP Donator

Software Developer
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    I would prefer a fixed resolution - detected at startup, too. Could be a configurable feature in the settings.

--Alex

5. dedi

dedi Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    What to do now? I feel this didn't got proper attention. But it's a pretty hard problem, requires to close and restart MP every time it happens.

6. bly

bly Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    i had that problem too.
    initially i used a hdmi 2 hdmi connection, then i switched to hdmi2dvi and installed omega drivers - that fixed my issue..
    tv settings are also important.. i found out that defining the hdmi port on my tv as "PC" in the tv config menu solved a lot of color/resolution issues.
    (I had to rename the input to "PC" and that seemd to be a special keyword: now the image on the tv isn't cropped anymore, etc...)

another workaround could be: switch to correct input on your tv and THEN turn on your htpc, worked for me too.. but that was still a bit annoying..

additionally: i created my own driver for my tv with powerstrip, i defined the correct resolution in it because sometimes after standby he didn't get the EDID values correctly..

7. dedi

dedi Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    it doesnt matter if I use different DVI or HDMI connections, its everytime the same. also there arent any recent omega drivers, they are pretty dead :)
    also I have no setting for my TV for signal, it just recieves 720p/i or 1080p/i signals. Well my TV probably is the cause for this issue as I think it reports wrong EDID values.

I didnt tried powerstrip yet.

There are 2 working scenarios:
    1. I turn on the TV always frist (and then the second display)
    2. I use the same resolution on both displays.

8. bly

bly Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    dead or not.. they work pretty good for me though, at least they unlock a lot of settings ;) ..

if the tv isn't that old it should have such a setting.. did you check the manual? look for something like "input renaming" ..

try powerstrip.. its pretty easy to create an own driver.. i give no guarantee that this helps but it's worth a try.. it creates a .ini file with the edid values received from your tv, you can edit them and install it in your hardware manager as your display driver. you could try to remove all unwanted resolutions so that windows always goes back to 1920x1080..

9. dedi

dedi Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    well for the omega drivers, they say themselves not for win7 :) they are from 2007... :)=

my tv configuration is so simple, there is nothing to overlook. seems 3 years is already too old. but no, I'm not gonna buy a new one (yet) :p

I'll give it a try with powerstrip, but I'm somehow scared not being able to undo completely all changes if it's not working with the expected affect. And its a commercial product :(

10. bly

bly Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    so powerstrip is your last resort ;)

its fully undoable .. it's just an ini file.. if it doesn't work just set it back to "default plug and play monitor" delete your display from the hardware manager, delete the ini .. and you're done.

as far as i know, the demo is fully functional... all you need is the feature that creates the ini out of the edid values, you could delete powerstrip afterwards and keep the ini file... :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lowietje
    • Premium Supporter

Lowietje MP Donator

Software Developer
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    hi there, im having this issue as well, but with me the problem is i connect my pc to a receiver. which initially starts at 480i.
    I now have a button on my remote which toggles fullscreen. So now i only have to toggle it twice and fullscreen is really fullscreen. not a solution but a workaround without having to restart MP

Until a real solution is found this might help you in the meanwhile

Louis

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!