MediaPortal on ITX (1 Viewer)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi.
SAF 3.49b17+ is able to play your example.
Snap12.jpg

PM me for more info

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have a Zotac ION A (Atom 330 based) runing as a MP client connected to a my HTPC server upstairs. The Zotac has had no problems playing any of the content that I've thrown at it. I'm using the SAF codec pack.

The Ion platform shouldn't have problem with any video thrown at it, however I'm curious about menu speed and MP use in general. Do you find that the menu lags at all? I'm looking at building a Ion HTPC for light use in the kitchen, leaning towards the dual core N330 but curious if the single core would run MP reasonably.

surfermc

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2006
    Dorset
    Home Country
    England England
    however I'm curious about menu speed and MP use in general. Do you find that the menu lags at all? I'm looking at building a Ion HTPC for light use in the kitchen, leaning towards the dual core N330 but curious if the single core would run MP reasonably.
    The menu is not the fastest but is perfectly usable. It probably also depends on what skin you are using and where you have your media files. To keep thing slick I'm using Indigo and have turned of animations.

jiggles

December 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Do you find that the menu lags at all?

Yes. It's pretty slow, the EPG particularly so. Bringing up the EPG whilst watching live TV can take a few seconds for example. (I have a dual-core Atom, but I don't think that the second core helps much).

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Do you find that the menu lags at all?

Yes. It's pretty slow, the EPG particularly so. Bringing up the EPG whilst watching live TV can take a few seconds for example. (I have a dual-core Atom, but I don't think that the second core helps much).

Thanks, it's unfortunate the Zotac 9300 mobo doesn't allow undervolting, an undervolted E6300 would make a good ITX cpu.

bimbo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Zotac IONITX-A-E HTPC

Hi,

I've build HTPC based on Zotac IONITX-A-E, 2GB RAM, Windows Vista. I'm not satisfied with HDTV performance. I've tried MP as 1.0.2 as 1.1.0 and the latest version CoreAVC and Cyberlink H.264/AVC (8 or 9).
    The average CPU utilization when playing HDTV is about 20-25%, but the frame rate is low (cca 20) and the number of dropped frames is very high.

It seems that Atom N330 even with ION is not able to play HDTV smoothly :(

tv.jpg

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    my zotac ion A is arriving tomorrow... will test as soon as I can and hope to get better results ;)

bimbo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 2, 2008
    Home Country
    It seems that there is a problem only with HDTV (h.264/AVC). HD movies (720p and 1080p) are playing smoothly without any problem!

:confused:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It seems that there is a problem only with HDTV (h.264/AVC). HD movies (720p and 1080p) are playing smoothly without any problem!

:confused:

It's because HDTV is normally interlaced (1080i) - the GPU performs hardware de-interlacing and it's obviously running out of performance to cope with this in addition to running the MP GUI 3D rendering load. There's a whole thread discussing this issue here - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-1-svn-builds-313/1080i-material-not-deinterlacing-under-1-0-1-0-a-58486/index9.html#post470166

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom