MediaPortal on ITX (1 Viewer)

surfermc

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Dorset
Home Country
England England
I have a Zotac ION A (Atom 330 based) runing as a MP client connected to a my HTPC server upstairs. The Zotac has had no problems playing any of the content that I've thrown at it. I'm using the SAF codec pack.

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
Hi, am also very interested in a very low power client and found this: fit-PC2 Wiki

it has no digital audio out! But it consumes only 5-10 Watt!!

Because it was not mentioned here, i thought it could be interesting

rob200sx

Portal Member
March 12, 2007
I have a Zotac ION A (Atom 330 based) runing as a MP client connected to a my HTPC server upstairs. The Zotac has had no problems playing any of the content that I've thrown at it. I'm using the SAF codec pack.

Are you only using the SAF pack? I've got the same board as you but I've got horrible quality on the video, I possibly need to tweak a few settings but I'd be interested in knowing how yours is configured.

The N330 board is supposed to be supported with purevideo hd but does that mean that's all you need or should additional codec packs be needed?

thanks.

surfermc

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Dorset
Home Country
England England

Are you only using the SAF pack? I've got the same board as you but I've got horrible quality on the video, I possibly need to tweak a few settings but I'd be interested in knowing how yours is configured.

The N330 board is supposed to be supported with purevideo hd but does that mean that's all you need or should additional codec packs be needed?

thanks.
Hi Rob,

I have the latest drivest from the ZOTAC website installed and the SAF codec pack. I also have v8.2.0.926 of CLVsd.ax extracted as per the instruction on the SAF install page.

Other than that I don't think there are any tweaks. OS is XP by the way

ToyRotar

Portal Member
March 24, 2008
Home Country
Hi Cubii - the fit-pc2 looks interesting, but the Intel GMA500 graphics lets it down.

Tinyputers - have you made a purchase yet, or are you still searching?

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Is that with 1080i too? i.e. BBC HD?

surfermc

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Dorset
Home Country
England England

I haven't got access to BBC HD. Sorry:sorry:.

If you can make a short test recording then I will give it a try.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country

www.borntoshare.co.uk/BBC_HD_Wimbledon 2009.ts

surfermc

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Dorset
Home Country
England England

I can't get the clip to play from within MP. It seems to be trying to pick up the wrong codec. I don't fancy fiddling to much at the moment as the setup is working for my normal material.

I tried the clip with MPC-HC and the video plays fine with DXVA acceleration at about 18-20% CPU. However I was not getting any audio.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country

I can't get the clip to play from within MP. It seems to be trying to pick up the wrong codec. I don't fancy fiddling to much at the moment as the setup is working for my normal material.

I tried the clip with MPC-HC and the video plays fine with DXVA acceleration at about 18-20% CPU. However I was not getting any audio.

Thats all I needed m8 thanks. The audio is AC3 so thats not a problem.

This confirms that this board is an ideal 1080p TV Client for media portal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom